Notices

First post and goals!

Old 11-12-2010, 11:29 PM
FitDay Member

Default First post and goals!

Hi Fitday community!

My game name is Mundy, Star Wars games: DarthMundy, War games: GeneralMundy and so on, Here I am Fitmundy.

I have been tinkering around of Fitday for a couple of months now, I have known for quite a while that I really need to get my weight under control. I got out of the ARMY in 2001 and since then I have put on 100 pounds. I look and feel terrible, frequently sick and grouchy and I dont want to be that way anymore!

My reasons for weight loss: To be a better role model for my children, to be more appealing for my wife, to regain a sharp clearer mind. Also, very recently, myself and 3 other overweight co-workers put $400 into a pool that is going to the person that loses the most weight by March 1, 2011. Im using all of these motivaters to keep on track, I know I can do this, I must do this!

Ive found that I can opperate quite well on 1500 calories a day, that may change when I get over my cold and hit the gym hard. We have a gym here at work and the bulk of my work day is on call, so I can use it alot.

I am 6'2" and started out last wednesday at 316.8 pounds. I weighed in this past Wednesday at 308 so Im relatively pleased with that. I am weak however. I love food, I love to cook it, smell it, eat it, talk about, read about it. I love to see people in my life enjoy what I have cooked for them. I often wonder how different a food addiction is different from a drug addiction.

Anyhoo, here I am, and here are my goals. I do look forward to sharring my sucess with you all!

Fitmundy
Nov 3, 2010: 318
Nov 10, 2010: 308

Last edited by FitMundy; 11-12-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:35 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome! There's a "March 2011" group that weighs in on Mondays that I would reccomend for you. Your journey will be full of ups and downs but will be worth it!
Old 11-13-2010, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome and thanks for coming back. I see that you've been registered since July. I also noticed that back then you posted this http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post15934 , you know what? You were right, but that has recently changed.

The fact that you are back, tells me that you are serious.

1500 cals seems a little low for someone your size, but I don't know what your lifestyle is like. Out of curiosity when kind of work do you do where you are on call so much, are you a firefighter?

What does you "diet" look like and how often do you eat? I put diet in quotes b/c we all hate to look at is as a diet, but you know what I mean.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the responses. Im an electronics Tech. for the FAA. Once PM's are out of the way its pretty much fix things when the phone rings. Can be nice and quiet or get it fixed before were on CNN :-)

Before my re-focus my diet was hard to tell as it was unmonitored, but I ballpark that I at about 4k calories a day, give or take. I held nothing back. 1500 calories was a ballpark that I decided to go with mainly because I heard a talk radio guy mention his loss on that limit. Fit day says I can reach my goal with about 2400 with my mostly seated lifetyle.

Currently Im eating alot of egg white, turkey, grapefruits and alot of veggies about 6 times a day and im feeling good around 1300 calories, pre work out efforts, which I started today, so I know theres room for my intaketo grow some.

I do wonder at what point do I change my lifestyle setting on Fitday. I obviously dont want to be mostly seated anymore.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

I keep my lifestyle the same b/c my "normal, everyday activities" are the same, but I work in my workouts under thew Activities tab. IMO egg whites get to be very boring after a while. There have been studies that show that the yolk is actually good for you, so you may want to throw in a whole egg with your whites if it gets boring.

I'm a big believe in a fast carb (banana) and a fast protein (whey) after a workout.

try this out. http://www.freedieting.com/tools/nut...calculator.htm
Old 11-17-2010, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Doing well, feeling great this week. Holding true to the 1500 calorie self imposed daily limit. Started working out more, hitting 30 minutes on an eliptical trainer and freeweights during downtime at work, bow season is in full effect so Ive been out hunting quite a bit wich certainly helps too. Feelin great!
Old 11-17-2010, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by FitMundy
I often wonder how different a food addiction is different from a drug addiction.
Welcome aboard Mundy, this is a great forum, especially for support and ideas. I hear you on the food addiction end of things. Personally the only real differences I see between drug and food addiction is that food addiction is a little cheaper and doesn't fry your brain, otherwise they are quite possibly the same. Can't say for sure though as I've never been a drug addict.

On the egg whites, I like to make mine into omelets, sprinkle a little cajun seasoning into the white then pour it into the pan, dump on some veg and some reduced fat cheese (cottage cheese is good too), let the cheese get a little melty, flip and eat - YUMMMM. Mike is right though the occasional egg yolk is quite nice too.

Good luck on being a loser and good luck on the deer hunting business. Venison is actually a really good source of low-fat protein, it's much leaner than beef.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry this is slightly belated, (work has kept me away from the forums) but welcome and congratulations on your success so far.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Addiction

You know, I've had the "addiction" conversation many times. I believe that an addiction (or obsession) with eating/food (such as I have, I admit) is probably the hardest to "kick".

My reasoning is that one CAN stop smoking, one can stop getting high, one can stop drinking. One CANNOT stop eating (for a while, yes, but not forever) or of course they will die.

Being a recovering food/eating addict is like requiring a life-long alcholic to have just one sip of beer, every day of his life, and not go "off the wagon".

I try not to think about it too much.

One day at a time, guys, that's all we can do!
Old 11-18-2010, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Talking keep it up

I too know how hard it can be just joined and am looking forward to being healthy.Been close to 300 most of my life started on 10/11/2010 @290 weight today 11/18-2010 is 275 and consuming about 2000 cal/day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.