Notices
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jimnesie

Why I have to diet

Old 05-16-2013, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

Default Why I have to diet

I know, the answer is obvious; blood pressure, heart problems, etc.

I am 74 years old. I have spent my entire life bouncing up and down with my weight. But the bottom line is that I have always been over weight and a lot of years just plain obese. But recently (about 3½ years ago) I started to have tremendous back problems. So I went to my doctor and a neurosurgeon. After an MRI is was determined I have three bulging disks (one is severe). I do not want surgery, wheel chairs, or walkers. So my doctor recommended that I lose weight and keep it off and go on a regimen of walking.

I went to Weight Watchers and was able to lose 65 pounds which I have now kept of for about 2 years. I also walk 3 to 5 miles 4 days a week (I walk at about 3½ miles per hour) and on the days I don't walk the full distance I try to get 30 minutes of walking done at least.

I am not bragging because I really need to lose a little more weight. But what I am saying to you guys is that "if this fat old guy can do it to improve his life, anyone can.
kelvin178 likes this.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:22 PM
FitDay Member

well done on losing the weight and keeping it off.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Well said! Wow 3 1/2 miles per hour that is so awesome. It is never to late to start. I started working out a little over a year ago and am in better shape now than I have been in 30 years. Wish I had wised up sooner...............
Old 09-22-2014, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

You are doing a good job for whole your life just keep on going....
Old 02-05-2017, 07:07 PM
FitDay Member

Well, a good motivation to all those looking for excuses. People tend to use medication like xenical and all, but If you maintain a proper diet and exercise will do the trick.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you for the motivation and good luck!
Old 01-19-2018, 08:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jimnesie
I know, the answer is obvious; blood pressure, heart problems, etc.

I am 74 years old. I have spent my entire life bouncing up and down with my weight. But the bottom line is that I have always been over weight and a lot of years just plain obese. But recently (about 3½ years ago) I started to have tremendous back problems. So I went to my doctor and a neurosurgeon. After an MRI is was determined I have three bulging disks (one is severe). I do not want surgery, wheel chairs, or walkers. So my doctor recommended that I lose weight and keep it off and go on a regimen of walking.

I went to Weight Watchers and was able to lose 65 pounds which I have now kept of for about 2 years. I also walk 3 to 5 miles 4 days a week (I walk at about 3½ miles per hour) and on the days I don't walk the full distance I try to get 30 minutes of walking done at least.

I am not bragging because I really need to lose a little more weight. But what I am saying to you guys is that "if this fat old guy can do it to improve his life, anyone can.
After you take some Apple Cider Vinegar and if you can walk in the early morning for about one hour. You will lose weight and if you can follow healthy meal plan it will help you stay healthy.
Old 05-05-2018, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for sharing sir. Hope to continue with a healthy lifestyle as long as I live.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Because every food nowadays contains unhealthy materials and back then it was natural
Old 01-21-2019, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Have you tried the vegan diet. No animal products you could do this for a while and get rid of that fat.