Notices

*The No-Cheating* Pact

Old 08-02-2010, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry I didn't post up yesterday(apologizing to myself more than likely), that was the only beat I missed. Great day, great diet, great workout.

And today (August 2nd... I think) was even better. Had a great salad at dinner along with a giant pile of green beans, two small slices of watermelon, and a turkey cutlet. I'm so sore from a combination of my legs workout yesterday and my back + biceps today. Thank God tomorrow's a rest day, I'm gonna need it.

I noticed this is more turning into a No Cheating Log for me, but it's helping to keep me honest. Going back to the old FOB tomorrow and I'll start logging my calories meticulously to keep me on track. Gonna miss this great food. =[[
Old 08-02-2010, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

This weekend my girlfriend came to visit and we went out a lot... but I've been pretty good about not stuffing my face whether it was sushi, pork ramen, or burgers. And so, I've felt pretty secure about not turning into a lard lump.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:18 PM
FitDay Member

I know I haven't posted in here in a while, a lot has been going on here, more than I'd like to get you guys in on. I've just been very, very busy. Haven't been to the gym in probably 7-8 days, but that's life out here. There was nothing I can do about it. Finally back to my FOB and in my environment and very happy about it. Back to logging all my food now that I can. =]]
Old 08-11-2010, 01:30 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome back the mens boards were kinda dead this last week.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:30 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by midwestj
Welcome back the mens boards were kinda dead this last week.
Thanks man, it's glad to be back in the "normal" swing of things. The last 5 days have been the craziest of my life. You'll know what I mean if you see anything about "Katu" on CNN. =/

But anyways, after reviewing my diets, food availability, goals, etc. I've decided to go full CKD for the next 6 weeks. Been doing it for two days so far and feeling great because of it. I've got a question though, I was wondering if Gatorade would a be good sourse of post-WO dextrose. From all of my reading I should be taking about 10g dextrose post-WO with my whey and was wondering if Gatorade will work. I'd love if someone could help me out.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:06 PM
FitDay Member

A gatorade and 1 scoop of protein powder is great post workout. Its actually a recommendation in a nutrition book I own about meal planning and food choices.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by midwestj
A gatorade and 1 scoop of protein powder is great post workout. Its actually a recommendation in a nutrition book I own about meal planning and food choices.
Well I'm on a no carb (well <50g daily) diet, with those carbs spread throught all my meals. Meaning I can't be getting 34g of carbs (like in a 20 oz. Gatorade) all at once. I'm most likely just going to take my protein shake with about 8 oz (14g carbs) of Gatorade.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

Another day down. Yesterday was rough, kind of foggy because of getting back into Ketosis and felt really exhausted after 50 minutes low intensity cardio, I've never had that problem before. Today is gonna be a busy day, hopefully it will help it go by fast. Gotta huge depletion workout that I'm excited about but dreading at the same time. I'm gonna really try to enjoy my day of rest tomorrow. =]]

Not carbing up until next Friday, so the next 7 days are gonna be tough for sure. I'm in it for the long haul though. =]]
Old 08-13-2010, 03:36 PM
FitDay Member

My depletion workout went great yesterday, I finished one full body circuit (8 lifts) in about 40 minutes, dropped weight by 50% and went for Round 2. Only hit about half the lifts before I knew it was time to quit. I reached exhaustion and started to get a tad bit light headed during my Bench Press so I went ahead and started my cardio. 20 minutes of medium intensity cardio and then I was good for the day.

Downed my 48g of protein, gulped my 43g of carbs and relaxed. Now Saturday morning and I'm beat! Feeling good though, got the sweet/metallic taste of Keto in my mouth for the last 2 days so I'm chipping away at that fat. =]]

Rest day today, 60 minutes cardio on Sunday, Legs + Abs on Monday, Upper Body Tuesday, 60 minutes cardio on Wendnesday/Thursday, followed by another depletion next Friday. I've got a big week ahead, hoping to keep going strong!
Old 08-14-2010, 03:17 PM
FitDay Member

Still going strong, no cheating, and I haven't even been tempted. I'm feeling more satiated from a high fat diet to the point to where my goal was 2,000 calories for the day, but I didn't even want to eat anymore when I was at 1,561 for the day. It's a good feeling not having to starve yourself.

Still going through some of the struggles of getting into Keto, I'm positive my body is there, it just has to get used to it.

Cardio today, Legs + Abs on Monday. =]]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.