Notices

*The No-Cheating* Pact

Old 08-18-2010, 09:22 PM
FitDay Member

I'm feeling great about the way this last week has gone.... great energy, stress levels have been pretty low, good workouts, and just overall great motivation.

Got some good news, I just got my recommendation from my Commander and the required Field Grade officer regarding my Green To Gold packet. They are "100% positive of my acceptance into the program." as they say, but you know how that goes. If I get accepted next Fall I will be able to stay on Active Duty and go to Georgia State University as a Cadet in the ROTC program full time. I'm pumped. =]]

Major Hutnik's says "Having a Combat Patch and that CAB... you'll be the Bee's Knee's when it comes to the Cadets." hahaha

Can you tell I'm in a good mood?

4 more weeks.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:02 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations...
Had to look this up . "Green to Gold is a program designed to allow qualified and inspired young enlisted soldiers to return to college, receive their baccalaureate degree, and earn a commission as an Army officer.
Enlisted members who meet the prerequisites can either apply for a 2, 3, or 4 year scholarship or can participate in the Green to Gold program without applying for or earning a scholarship. Soldiers who participate in this program are discharged from active duty and enlisted in the Army Reserve as part of their ROTC program".
Taken from "About.com"

Last edited by snafuken; 08-19-2010 at 02:16 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:50 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by snafuken
Congratulations...
Had to look this up . "Green to Gold is a program designed to allow qualified and inspired young enlisted soldiers to return to college, receive their baccalaureate degree, and earn a commission as an Army officer.
Enlisted members who meet the prerequisites can either apply for a 2, 3, or 4 year scholarship or can participate in the Green to Gold program without applying for or earning a scholarship. Soldiers who participate in this program are discharged from active duty and enlisted in the Army Reserve as part of their ROTC program".
Taken from "About.com"
Yup, so basically in my situation I'm applying for the 3 years scholarship. So I would get an ROTC scholarship, go back to College full time, finish my degree, and then Commission as a 2nd Lt. While I'm actually in ROTC I'd be considered a reservist, but once I comissioned I would retain my 5 years time in service (2 enlisted + 3 in school). It's a great program considering I was going to ride this contract out (Spring 2013), return to College, then Commission anyways.