Notices

vacations and dealing with them

Old 07-14-2012, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default vacations and dealing with them

Sunday the 15th I leave for a week!, after the events of last week God know I need some rest!, I think I will be ok as far as my food intake!, but I will be tempted to go off a bit I am sure!, that being said we have some great outdoor activity planned, I hope to take my yougest daughter kite board surfing, a day trip tp Ocracoke, some offshore fishing as well as surf fishing! and of course prayer !

We are going to the big store and getting fruits and veggies,, I love to stuff yellow red and Orange peppers with grilled Mahi, and a bit of brown rice and some fresh fruit on the side!

but first I have to select what cast iron cookware I will be taking!

All the best Bo
Old 07-17-2012, 01:06 PM
FitDay Member

You'll do fine, looks like you have a plan, and having a plan it is easy to keep that goal in mind. Eager to hear how it goes. You are inspirational.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Bo,
Taking a little time for R&R is maybe one of the best diet tools there is . After all, stress all by itself can be a diet buster.

It does, indeed, look like you have a great plan. And if you find you pick up a pound or 2 once you get back, just jump back into your regular diet routine and I bet those pound will fall right off.

Have a great time, enjoy the family, and stay away from the fast food/fried food sooo tempting on vacation.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

Bo, it sounds like you'll have a GREAT TIME! Enjoy it all!
You are planning ahead, and for me that is always half the battle. When I spent 2 weeks with family in the National Parks of UTAH, what kept me on track was that we planned ahead where we would eat, and I used online sites to select places that were non fast food/or chains where I could check out menus before we arrived. After eating out like 38 times, I only gained half a pound or a pound.

If you fall off the wagon, dont beat yourself up. Getting away for vacation is about having fun and making memories, its not about what you crammed down your throat!

ENJOY!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default well I am back!

we had a great time . I can say it was the best vacations ever, now on Sunday Morn, I hit the scale at 337, (gain of 9 since my lowest) sat night we got pizza for carry out and it always makes me carry water. Monday I weighed 334.2, It will most likley take me a week to get back to were I was, looking back I should have taken the scale with me, we had room ! and should have brought more food with me that I was use to eating!, we ate a big breakfast almost everyday. when I usually eat a kaski bar, overall I am not bummed , just wish I had stayed the course a little better!, today Its after lunch here and I ate dry kashi cerial with fresh strawberries, had the normal chicken mango salad I get from WAWA!, ( local nice convienace store) a bananna and a green aple I will eat on the way home from work, ! I haven't figured out dinner yet but I won't slip,, thank you all for your great support! I need it !

Bo
Old 07-28-2012, 12:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default back low again

I weigh today at 327.8,, I can't beat my self up but I will take staps to not back slide as much as I did,, its hard enough to loss the amount I have to loss, and even harder to do it twice !
Old 07-28-2012, 10:16 AM
FitDay Member

Good job Bo! Only a week after vacay and you are back where you were! That is how it is done!
Old 09-12-2023, 09:28 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by botoepfer
Sunday the 15th I leave for a week!, after the events of last week God know I need some rest!, I think I will be ok as far as my food intake!, but I will be tempted to go off a bit I am sure!, that being said we have some great outdoor activity planned, I hope to take my yougest daughter kite board surfing, a day trip tp Ocracoke, some offshore fishing as well as surf fishing! and of course prayer !
Your upcoming vacation sounds like an incredible opportunity to recharge and enjoy some quality family time. It's great that you're planning outdoor activities like kiteboarding with your youngest daughter and day trips to Ocracoke. If you're looking for some high-quality kiteboards, you might want to check out https://easy-surfshop.com/kiteboards for a fantastic selection. It's wonderful that you're combining fun adventures with moments of reflection through prayer. Have a fantastic time, savor every moment, and make lasting memories during your well-deserved break!

Last edited by leowhite; 09-16-2023 at 08:04 PM.