Notices

It's the little things...

Old 07-20-2012, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up It's the little things...

Hey, I have been on here for a couple days now, and I'm happy to report that I was able to control some compulsive behavior today. I made cheeseburgers for dinner tonight and usually I swipe one as soon as it's done and just stand there and eat it while I am cooking the rest. Tonight the plate of burgers made it to the table without me snatching one ahead of time.
This probably sounds funny to some, but I'm sure there's at least one person who read this and gets me. This actually is an accomplishment. I've been in the habit of sneaking food since I was a child. It's hard to break this habit. And you know, all that sneaking of food leads to many, many extra pounds. I think if I can just break that habit as part of my weight loss strategy, I could really lose and keep off the weight. Working on it!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Awesome!

Believe me, I totally get it! I also totally get that thrill of controlling a behavior that seems to come out of nowhere and take over this normally well controlled person.

I saw a great quote this morning that your post reminded me of:

Discipline is just choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:16 PM
FitDay Member

differentinside, that's amazing! Good for you! Self control/self discipline isn't easy, most of the time. I'm in week 3 of learning self control. 6lbs lost because of it though!

It's great to hear these little victories!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:00 PM
FitDay Member

I think this is great! Keep up the good work.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:51 AM
FitDay Member

Yep, I get it and that is great that you are honest and can recognize that in yourself. At least for me, honesty is the secret to all of this battle of weight loss.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:31 PM
FitDay Member

I can for sure relate to celebrating a victory like that. I had 1/3c of mashed avocado (122 cal) and 8 tortilla chips (140 cal) the yesterday. It was good and it, and kept me full for a while. Normally I would eat way, way more of chips and guacamole.