FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   how to measure success? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/7671-how-measure-success.html)

botoepfer 06-20-2012 02:55 AM

Thank you wildbeanerz!, I have read many post here, and I think formyself in order to help myself and others I feel it will be imoprtant to stay on these board when the weight is gone, because others can use the support as I have found great support here !, my personal weight loss failures where cause by many thing but number one was I thought I had made it and I was done, when in fact the weight being gone was only the first step !!!

I want you to know I have found what you have posted to be very helpful and VALUABLE to me, thanks for your inspiration!

RunbikeSki 06-20-2012 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by botoepfer (Post 83905)
my personal weight loss failures where cause by many thing but number one was I thought I had made it and I was done, when in fact the weight being gone was only the first step !!!

AMEN! I believe you have seen the light:D

mecompco 06-21-2012 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by botoepfer (Post 83905)
Thank you wildbeanerz!, I have read many post here, and I think formyself in order to help myself and others I feel it will be imoprtant to stay on these board when the weight is gone, because others can use the support as I have found great support here !, my personal weight loss failures where cause by many thing but number one was I thought I had made it and I was done, when in fact the weight being gone was only the first step !!!

I want you to know I have found what you have posted to be very helpful and VALUABLE to me, thanks for your inspiration!

Yup, it took me 10 years and 250 pounds to figure this out. I plan to be here and using FitDay forever this time.

Regards,
Michael

botoepfer 06-21-2012 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki (Post 83955)
AMEN! I believe you have seen the light:D

Yup now I must never turn away ! Thanks !

botoepfer 06-21-2012 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 83977)
Yup, it took me 10 years and 250 pounds to figure this out. I plan to be here and using FitDay forever this time.

Regards,
Michael

Michael,, did you ever think that when you were at your heaviest you would one day be able to wear a size 36? I think I still have a few pair, and now my 52's are falling off I wear a military type slide belt, ,the smaller sizes help to keep me focusd,, But as I read over these boards I find so much help and things I can use in my daily journey! I am amazed !
Thanks again for the inspiration!

Bo

mattymath 06-21-2012 09:56 PM

For me I think it's clothes size (48 pants to 40- 4X shirts to 2X and XL) and being able to do things I couldn't do. This week I hiked Old Rag Mountain in Virginia (10+ mile round trip with a rock/boulder scramble). It was tough, tough, tough, but I did it. I KNOW 10 weeks ago I couldn't have made it.

10 weeks ago a 1/2 mile run nearly killed me. Now I'm doing 2 miles and I'm sure I can do more.

I went to Kings Dominion amusement park with my kids yesterday. I wore my swim trunks with nowhere near the the self-consciousness I would have 10 weeks ago. I got on one ride and a sign said, "Weight Limit 270 lbs." A few weeks ago that would've been me they were keeping off the ride.

So be able to wear and do things I couldn't not too long ago means I am hyper inspired right now.

There are certain clothes I want to wear (comfortably) that have been sitting in my closet new and too small for years and there is a 5K I want to run in under 38 minutes coming up. I'm trying to make those things more my goals that the pounds on the scale (though I've got those goals, too--looking for under 245 right now).

RunbikeSki 06-22-2012 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by mattymath (Post 84038)
For me I think it's clothes size (48 pants to 40- 4X shirts to 2X and XL) and being able to do things I couldn't do. This week I hiked Old Rag Mountain in Virginia (10+ mile round trip with a rock/boulder scramble). It was tough, tough, tough, but I did it. I KNOW 10 weeks ago I couldn't have made it.

10 weeks ago a 1/2 mile run nearly killed me. Now I'm doing 2 miles and I'm sure I can do more.

I went to Kings Dominion amusement park with my kids yesterday. I wore my swim trunks with nowhere near the the self-consciousness I would have 10 weeks ago. I got on one ride and a sign said, "Weight Limit 270 lbs." A few weeks ago that would've been me they were keeping off the ride.

So be able to wear and do things I couldn't not too long ago means I am hyper inspired right now.

There are certain clothes I want to wear (comfortably) that have been sitting in my closet new and too small for years and there is a 5K I want to run in under 38 minutes coming up. I'm trying to make those things more my goals that the pounds on the scale (though I've got those goals, too--looking for under 245 right now).

Wow! Awesome post! Keep up the great work :)

botoepfer 06-23-2012 12:46 AM

Today second number on the scale went from a 4 to a 3,, that was a boost !

botoepfer 06-26-2012 01:17 AM

other boosts

My scale shows I am at a plateu, however this am I had to drop off my truck for some check out stuff and the guy who gave me a ride home said Man are you loosing weight !,,, Nice to hear !

wildbeanerz 06-26-2012 02:26 AM

I'm sure you remember as you have done this before but sometimes the scale takes a break and it's time to check out the tape measure. Most times when I get the most compliments on my lost weight recently I haven't really lost anything in a few weeks. It is just my body adjusting to the new weight.

You are doing awesome by the way!