Notices

Aloha, 80 lb weight loss

Old 02-16-2010, 07:28 PM
FitDay Member

Default Aloha, 80 lb weight loss

Thanks for this great forum. I joined to use the food journal but I have found a lot of information/sharing in here too.
I started the food journal because I knew I was not eating enough. Because I exercise so much, my appetite is suppressed and considering I eat foods that are generally lightly processed, it is hard to fit in more healthy calories. I don't eat very much meat and no sugar.
I was very inactive for my entire life 30+ years and at over 330 lbs., about a year ago, I started to slowly walk and change my eating habits. I went from binge eating to finding that walking was more important to me than food. I want to be the strongest and healthiest I can be, not for a bikini, but to be the best I can be and walk the hills and miles that I want.
I lost 80 lbs. and weigh 250. I have about 70 lbs. left. to be in a good BMI range. I started walking short distances and now walk at least 8 miles day/6 days a week. I walk over that quite often, challenging myself with up to 13 miles. I found something that makes me feel better than food. Good luck with your journey.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, good for you! Last spring I discovered a beautiful natural park where I could walk with my dogs off leash. It was great and I walked it 4 or 5 times a week. Unfortunately winter happened and the park is impassable from snow. I really miss those walks. Sometimes I will jump on the treadmill, but it just isn't the same.

Good luck with your next 70 pound loss!
Old 03-28-2010, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

This is absolutely great. I am inspired to do better. I have lost and gained back weight. I want to make a lasting change. I hope this site will be what I need.

Thanks for sharing
Old 03-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

I started off walking as well. At first I didn't like it too much but after my body got use to it, I must say that I really, really enjoy it. If you haven't discovered mapmyrun.com check it out.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:27 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by greenasphalt
I want to be the strongest and healthiest I can be, not for a bikini, but to be the best I can be and walk the hills and miles that I want.
I lost 80 lbs. and weigh 250. I have about 70 lbs. left. to be in a good BMI range. I started walking short distances and now walk at least 8 miles day/6 days a week. I walk over that quite often, challenging myself with up to 13 miles. I found something that makes me feel better than food. Good luck with your journey.

Congratulations on your weight loss and on your new healthy lifestyle!! You rock! I'm cracking up about the "not for a bikini" part. At Christmas my sister-in-law and I were both very heavy, we were maybe within a dress size or two of each other. Since then I've lost 57 pounds!!! We're planning family vacation with all the in-laws in Disney this summer and I called her the other day and jokingly told her that I was dieting so I could wear a bikini in Florida. And do you know what her response was "go ahead I dare you". Now I'm starting to think I just might have to get one of those 2 piece but not quite so skimpy as a bikini suits....
Old 04-06-2010, 06:46 AM
FitDay Member

wow that is so inspiring. I have joined for the journalling as well and i hope that i can stay tuned and consistant with it this time.. I started over a year ago and struggle to stay consistant and the funny thing is I logged in today and nothing has changed.It is still here for me to do when i am ready to do it. Great work and thank you for the inspirations.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Keep Going

I am just at my wits end with trying to lose weight. I found that Weight Watchers was too expensive, but the part of Weight Watchers I liked the best, was journaling. This site is similar, and FREE!!! Congrats on your 80 pound loss. This is inspiring me to keep going. I've been on so many diets, and in classes and on and on in the last 10 years. It seems hopeless each time I fail at one of them. This keeps me going. Thanks for sharing.