10 Years Paleo - 45 year old Mom and kids

Old 04-05-2012, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default 10 Years Paleo - 45 year old Mom and kids

The Sensitive Canadian: Paleo Kids

Before and after pics are there.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

I just read through the opening post of your blog. That is a true testimonial to the way you choose to feed your family. I am so happy that it works for you and that your son is no longer sick.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:51 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks so much. I cannot tell you how relieved I am to have found such a simple way to keep him healthy. Not always easy with general SAD (Standard American Diet) pressures being everywhere... but simple and do-able.

I often wonder how many other 'uncurable' kids are sick due to a SAD. I try to spread the word as much as I can.

At the beginning, it was very difficult. I wondered constantly if he would decline even further without grain.

It was purchasing the Fitday program (even though it's geared only for weightloss) and being able to track his vitamin and mineral intakes, using the charts to fill in what had been missed the day before, that allowed me to sleep at night, knowing that his nutritive intake was being maximized and well-balanced. This program helped me to feel that I wasn't just 'guessing' if he was getting enough of what he needed.

As time went on, every time grains creep back in too much, I can always see it in the rings under his eyes and the restless way he sleeps. Then when we pull them out, his energy level goes up, his sleep improved. It's really uncanny. I notice these same changes in myself along with no more bloating, and more.

If this entry can help even one other child to find health and happiness - because indeed that's what we found - it will have been worth telling the story.

And if their parents go on the lifestyle journey change with them and also experience increased health along with their children, thereby setting a great example of how *not* to settle for a lesser health status... then I'll feel like it's been worth it in spades.

Kind regards,
Kim
Old 05-03-2012, 06:08 AM
FitDay Member

Very fascinating!