FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   After 1st Month (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/6193-after-1st-month.html)

1fitchallenge 01-05-2012 12:32 AM

After 1st Month

[This a copy/paste post from my thread in Exercise folder]

After finishing my 1st month of my fitchallenge I have few words of summary.
That was amazing month for me. Finally i did lots of workouts, with great intensity. I already feel some improvement in my cardiovascular condition. I might miss few days to work out but they were special events- christmas, new years eve trip, sickness - I hope there will be no such events in next months. OK, and these are numbers for this month:
- I lost 2kgs=4,41lbs (I think it might be some water as well - so Im not very excited)
- I lost 2,5cm=1in in my waist - that is nice!
- I trained 4hours and 40minutes
- I burned extra about 3004kcal - according to fitday. not much but still- if that would be only fat - it would be 333g=0,734lbs

Yes, I know they're not very impressive for some, but for me - beginner they are amazing. I wanted to start slowly and now I see that it was great idea. It helped me not overtrained and keep my motivation. I will gradually progress but still without hurry- try to listen to my body.
Another thing is eating habbits. I already master some of the "fundamentals" - eating 5-6 small meals every 3h, letting go most of junk food, no sugar, no sodas, much less alcohol. Since next month I will add more improvements.

So, let the yourney continue and remember- always enjoy the yourney, not just wait for the destination.
As Bilbo said to Frodo:
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door," he used to say. "You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

VitoVino 01-05-2012 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by 1fitchallenge (Post 67195)
I wanted to start slowly and now I see that it was great idea. It helped me not overtrained and keep my motivation. I will gradually progress but still without hurry- try to listen to my body.

Firstly, great job! Keep up the great work. Secondly, these are very wise words. Overtraining can lead to lack of motivation and possibly injuries.

I used to be in great shape. Then I took some years off and got lazy. Overate and fattened up. When I tried running again it felt like there was a giant hand holding me back from going forward, couldn't run a quarter mile. So I dropped some weight first, then pretended like I had just had bypass surgery and the doctor told me to take it easy when I worked out. This kept me going really slow and easy for many months. But now I'm at the point where I'm running, not jogging, and I'm almost up to 4 miles every other day. I listened to my body and was patient.

larissonfiona 09-09-2023 10:17 PM

Cool info guys!

jaguar555 09-09-2023 11:21 PM

your life is so interesting broo

William250 11-24-2023 07:53 AM

Cool info guys!

Tanya P Clay 12-19-2023 01:34 AM

Its cool results I think