FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   I started to battle my demons; food, nicotine and lack of excercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/5519-i-started-battle-my-demons%3B-food-nicotine-lack-excercise.html)

juliedealer 10-21-2011 11:26 AM

I started to battle my demons; food, nicotine and lack of excercise

1 Attachment(s)
I started out in July of 2010 at 182 lbs and I was smoking near 2 packs of cigarettes a day I was 56 years old. I dropped to 111 lbs and am stronger than I was in my 20's.

I have used Fitday for many years and couldn't do without it. The home program was well worth the investment.

check out my before and after pictures.

Julie

mecompco 10-21-2011 12:02 PM

Weigh to go, Julie, you're looking great! Thanks for sharing. :D

Regards,
Michael

Jane850 10-21-2011 12:09 PM

Congrats! That is awesome. Did you quit smoking too?

juliedealer 10-21-2011 02:12 PM

yes Jane, I gave up almost 2 packs a day. that saved me almost $300.00 per month, so I spent most of that on a personal trainer.

mhibdon 10-21-2011 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by juliedealer (Post 60266)
yes Jane, I gave up almost 2 packs a day. that saved me almost $300.00 per month, so I spent most of that on a personal trainer.

That's the way to do it! Way to go! You look hella ripped in your "After" photo! Maybe you could become a personal trainer yourself one day?

Vickey Darrell 10-22-2011 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by juliedealer (Post 60252)
I started out in July of 2010 at 182 lbs and I was smoking near 2 packs of cigarettes a day I was 56 years old. I dropped to 111 lbs and am stronger than I was in my 20's.

I have used Fitday for many years and couldn't do without it. The home program was well worth the investment.

check out my before and after pictures.

Julie

Julie....you look great and I am so glad you gave up the smoking you are an inspiration.

DancinBear2 10-24-2011 12:13 AM

Julie, You Rock!

You look amazing. I bet you are having a lot more fun now too. Life is so much better when you are in a position to go out and enjoy it.

Keep it up.

juliedealer 10-27-2011 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by wants2loseFAT (Post 60398)
I'm jealous. I will try my best to quit smoking too. I know it won't do any good to my health. But sometimes, it helps me when I'm stressed. I think, it's psychological. Hahaha:D:D Did you not have nicotine withdrawal?

Natalie, I have quit many times, you just have to keep quitting! Everytime I quit I learned something about my hurdles with nicotine that helped me the next time.

kag123 10-27-2011 01:34 PM

Wow, amazing story to share...we all have those demons,hearing inspriational stories are what helps us all.:)

Jane850 10-28-2011 03:44 AM

Julie - truly inspiring! I quit smoking several years ago and it was probably the hardest thing I've ever done - but WOW is it worth it! It's so nice to not be a slave to the nicotine. No more worrying about when/where I could have a cigarette.

My weight loss has stalled for the last few weeks. You've reminded me of how strong we can be when we put our minds to it!

Way to go!

Jane

juliedealer 11-17-2011 09:17 AM

Occasionally people who still smoke will say "I'm not really addicted, it's just a habit with me". Then I ask them if they ever dug thru the trash for a butt when they could not get out to get cigarettes (cuz I know they have) and they usually fall silent.