Notices

1/2 The Man I Used To Be

Old 10-15-2011, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default 1/2 The Man I Used To Be

Actually I'm about 75% of the man I used to be; down from 355 lbs to 265 lbs in about 4 and 1/2 months. Ultimately I will get to the man I'm going to be for the rest of my life.

I wrote sometime back about some small successes and I want to share a couple more recent ones.

*My family and I completed a 5K 2 weeks ago in Chicago. This was a great experience for me and something I have only done one other time in my life and that was 20 years ago. There was a sense of accomplishment and it brought us closer together. We'll be doing more.

*I have been able to buckle my seat belt on commercial airlines without the extender for a while. Yesterday on my flight I was able to put the tray table all the way down and level and I even had a little room left. It's a little thing but I felt satisfied seeing it.

*I had a neighbor stop me during my walk last week and tell me he had seen me walking all summer and that he was having trouble keeping motivated. He noticed I went every day and commented on the result. He wanted to know if I would mind if he joined me this winter to keep him accountable and motivated. You bet.

*My VP helped get me selected to attend a leadership program our company hosts. The week long event has as part of the focus nutrition, health and well being. My VP explained his observation of me over the past several months prompted him to speak for me. I am excited for this opportunity as it will add key resources to what I am already doing.

Life is good. I have a deep appreciation for you and a comfortable sense of support just knowing you're out there.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

Inspirational!

No more I can say apart from well done and keep going
Old 10-15-2011, 02:06 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks soooo much for sharing your success. Wow, you have done a total 180! Keep it up fella
Old 10-15-2011, 07:27 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by uswjst01
Actually I'm about 75% of the man I used to be; down from 355 lbs to 265 lbs in about 4 and 1/2 months. Ultimately I will get to the man I'm going to be for the rest of my life.

I wrote sometime back about some small successes and I want to share a couple more recent ones.

*My family and I completed a 5K 2 weeks ago in Chicago. This was a great experience for me and something I have only done one other time in my life and that was 20 years ago. There was a sense of accomplishment and it brought us closer together. We'll be doing more.

*I have been able to buckle my seat belt on commercial airlines without the extender for a while. Yesterday on my flight I was able to put the tray table all the way down and level and I even had a little room left. It's a little thing but I felt satisfied seeing it.

*I had a neighbor stop me during my walk last week and tell me he had seen me walking all summer and that he was having trouble keeping motivated. He noticed I went every day and commented on the result. He wanted to know if I would mind if he joined me this winter to keep him accountable and motivated. You bet.

*My VP helped get me selected to attend a leadership program our company hosts. The week long event has as part of the focus nutrition, health and well being. My VP explained his observation of me over the past several months prompted him to speak for me. I am excited for this opportunity as it will add key resources to what I am already doing.

Life is good. I have a deep appreciation for you and a comfortable sense of support just knowing you're out there.

Wow !!
Take pride in what you have done .Give yourself a big pat on your back ,cause you deserve it.!
Old 10-16-2011, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

Great job! It looks like now you'll have a new walking buddy.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default great reading this

in need of some weight loss inspiration today, which is why i stopped into the board this afternoon.

I've been pretty much maintaining for a while. It really does help reading people's success stories. They reinforce within me that YES I can do this too.

Thank you for your post and congrats on your weight loss!!
Old 10-16-2011, 06:58 PM
FitDay Member

That's really wonderful! Good job!
Old 10-17-2011, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ripemango
in need of some weight loss inspiration today, which is why i stopped into the board this afternoon.
Same here. Awesome job!