FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   Share Your Story on the Homepage! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/5479-share-your-story-homepage.html)

IBKlein 10-17-2011 06:34 AM

Share Your Story on the Homepage!

Hey Fitday!

As you guys may know, we have been working on a Fitday redesign. Not only are we working hard in improving the application, we are giving the homepage a facelift as well.

We are looking to create a larger more inspirational section for Success stories on the homepage. This would be a page dedicated to users who have met their health and fitness goals and would like to help others do the same.

If you are interested, please answer a few of the questions below and if you feel comfortable, a photograph too!

Thank you so much!

Questions: (You are NOT obligated to answer ALL questions. You can answer only a few if you would like! Any positive words would be greatly appreciated)
  1. How much weight have you lost?
  2. How long have you been a FitDay member?
  3. What motivated you to start using FitDay?
  4. What advice would you give someone who is trying to loose weight, or is considering signing up for FitDay?
  5. What is your favorite FitDay feature?
  6. How has FitDay changed your eating, exercise, and lifestyle habits?

VitoVino 10-17-2011 01:20 PM

Is there a cutoff date for submissions? Or will the page continually be updated and there's no need to be concerned about when something is submitted?

IBKlein 10-18-2011 06:27 AM

There is not a cutoff date for submissions but we would LOVE to have a few submissions within the next week so they can be launched with the new redesign.

Thank you again for sharing your stories!

VitoVino 10-27-2011 09:54 AM

I Finally Have the Power

1. How much weight have you lost?

About 26 pounds so far, down from 178. My lean body weight is about 143 (As per D. R. Miller Formula) so my current weight of 152 is not far off, but the plan is to settle at 147.

2. How long have you been a FitDay member?

Since the end of July, 2011.

3. What motivated you to start using FitDay?

I did a Google search for tracking calories, was looking for a robust site. FitDay met all my requirements.

4. What advice would you give someone who is trying to loose weight, or is considering signing up for FitDay?

It's all about calories in versus calories out/burned. No special diet is needed. This is all about portion control and FitDay is a proven strategy for success.

5. What is your favorite FitDay feature?

The diversity and the robustness of the FitDay Reports. They are very educational and while working towards 'good numbers' you can't help but become very educated about nutrition. It's like you become your very own nutritionist.

6. How has FitDay changed your eating, exercise, and lifestyle habits?

In every way. I now eat 'clean' and enjoy it. I feel more energy and my mind is clear; I know I am healthy. The journaling, along with the Forum, has motivated me to exercise. For the first time in my life, I'm confident that I have the power to control my diet and this alone motivates me to continue in this new lifestyle.

bubka 10-30-2011 11:23 AM

How much weight have you lost?

20 lbs. I weighed 217 in 2007 and now weigh 197 (target 195). Most of the weight was lost in the first couple of months in 2007.

How long have you been a FitDay member?

I estimate February, 2007

What motivated you to start using FitDay?

I was looking for a site to graph my daily weight when I discovered Fitday. I saw that one could log all foods eaten and Fitday would tally it all up, so I decided to try it for one day. I was shocked when I learned how many calories i was consuming. I thought I knew what I was consuming but I really had no idea. I kept it up and lost 20 lbs in the first couple of months.

What advice would you give someone who is trying to loose weight, or is considering signing up for FitDay?

Just try it and be vigilant about accurately logging all foods eaten. If you have a bad day, log it, forget it, and do better the next day.

What is your favorite FitDay feature?
Two actually. The calories eaten, calories burned feature in reports, and the weight and goal graph.

How has FitDay changed your eating, exercise, and lifestyle habits?

I have found that each time I get away from Fitday the weight starts creeping back on, so now I view Fitday as a permanent daily duty. It's a very small price to pay considering the health and appearance benefits.

Thaddeusrex 11-16-2011 06:14 AM

How much weight have you lost?

Lost 65 Lbs. two years ago, then gained it all back. Starting over.

I lost track, your message board says 2010, but that's way off. I think I joined around 2005 or so, maybe earlier.

What motivated you to start using FitDay?

I've always tracked my calories when trying to lose weight. this goes back 20 years or more. I used to use a sophisticated spreadsheet/workbook that not only tracked the items you track here, but graphed out many of the same graphs you do. I looked for a long time for an online tracker that was convenient and useful, and when I finally found FD, It was the tracker I was looking for. Frankly, just the ability to quickly grab recent foods is an enormous convenience. I tend to stick to a consistent set of foods that work for me.

What advice would you give someone who is trying to loose weight, or is considering signing up for FitDay?

Have faith that the math works!!! And of course enter everything. All else is rationalization, to which we are all prone. Calories in, calories out. Frankly, I think that should be THE key feature of the homepage or dashboard: a longterm graph that shows net calories in/out by day, and weight. It drives home the point, motivates, and disallows rationalization.

What is your favorite FitDay feature?

Recent foods, and ability to select multiple foods (wish you could do this from recent foods pull-down, and nut just when you go to the historical recent foods page). Also like the graphing, but which this could be made much more full-featured. Why not have one main graphing page, where we can toggle on/off the fields we want graphed, and input the dates we want? (I find the historical data limited and difficult to access and I'm not sure why that has to be). At the very least, for data geeks like me, an ability to download to excel on all pages would be great.

How has FitDay changed your eating, exercise, and lifestyle habits?

It keeps me honest. I can tell you how many calories is in just about any food you name after a lifetime of calorie counting, but it still gets away from me on any given day if I don't add it all up. Seeing it in bold print also helps me recognize when I need to up my protein intake, which can be difficult, and also increase my fat consumption, which I tend to under-consume if not tracked.

01gt4.6 11-16-2011 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Thaddeusrex (Post 62620)

I lost track, your message board says 2010, but that's way off. I think I joined around 2005 or so, maybe earlier.

That's the date that you signed on to the message board.