FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   Reached a milestone: BMI<25 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/5385-reached-milestone-bmi-25-a.html)

helveticat 10-04-2011 07:17 AM

Reached a milestone: BMI<25

I just had to post here to celebrate hitting that "healthy weight" BMI of under 25 on FitDay :D. I don't have before/after pics I'm afraid but here's the highlights:
  • I've been on a calorie deficit & exercise regime for 9 weeks.
  • I fell off the wagon a couple of times quite dramatically, but picked up the pieces a day or two after.
  • I've had amazing support from my wife. Also, I'm freelance and my work's been light over this period, which has made it easier to train hard.
  • I've lost 28lbs altogether on the scales.
  • I've gained some muscle mass in my arms, shoulders and chest.
  • Two months ago I was wearning 38" jeans. I'm now wearing 34" and can still breathe.
  • When I started, running 3km fully-fuelled was a major challenge. This morning I ran 10km (personal best distance) on an empty stomach and felt awesome.

Well, that's enough boasting. I've got a long way to go, as my sig says (it's there to keep me accountable!).

mecompco 10-04-2011 08:44 AM

Congratulations! Keep on getting healthier, hope to join you in the healthy BMI range one day (30 pounds away!).

Regards,
Michael

RunbikeSki 10-04-2011 10:47 AM

Awesome helveticat! Keep up the great work.

So tell me... why are you named after a typeface :confused:

Kumochi 10-04-2011 10:52 AM

Well done. Mary

01gt4.6 10-04-2011 10:54 AM

Great job! :D

I don't think I'll ever get in the healthy range.:rolleyes:

vabeachgirlNYC 10-04-2011 11:21 AM

Congrats on the weight loss and BMI#! :D

Maybe you should take some pics now? I am so glad I have mine to look at when I need a boost! :eek:

I also run on an empty stomach. :cool:

VitoVino 10-04-2011 12:22 PM

Awesome news, helveticat! Way to go. When was the last time you were in the healthy range? Do you know?

I'm just a few pounds away from reaching this goal myself. I think it's been about 10 years or more since I was a healthy weight.

helveticat 10-04-2011 07:11 PM

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I love how supportive this forum is.

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 58657)
When was the last time you were in the healthy range? Do you know?

Not exactly, but it would have been about 5 years ago I think. I'd really been on my patent "Henry VIII Diet" since then, though...

Originally Posted by runbikeSki (Post 58657)
So tell me... why are you named after a typeface

LOL, nothing significant I'm afraid... I think one time I had to come up with a username and just went for whatever was in front of me, and I've used it ever since :-)

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC (Post 58657)
Maybe you should take some pics now? I am so glad I have mine to look at when I need a boost!

Mayyybe... got to overcome a long-stranding aversion to the camera :o... but you're probably right, if only for reference.

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 58657)
I don't think I'll ever get in the healthy range.

Ha ha... yeah, I guess you've reached a point where it's not exactly a useful number... hopefully I'll join you there one day :D

snafuken 10-05-2011 09:03 AM

Hey helveticat,
heluvawhatago.:D

rebekah_marie 10-05-2011 12:48 PM

Great job! I'm inspired!