Notices

My crack at a transformation

Old 11-26-2011, 11:25 PM
FitDay Member

Smile My crack at a transformation

Hey team,

Well its taken a while but im finally at a stage where i feel comfortable in posting some before and after shots.

I really stepped it up in the last 4 months or so as you can tell by the dates. I had a temporary hiatus for about 10 months @ about 93kgs but then had a second wind

if you have any questions i will be popping in all the time now on because i feel i can contribute some quality advice having been there

I just got asked what my motivation was to lose the weight, as tacky as this sounds. i wanted to make my finances friends jealous, i wanted her to have the trophy husband and be proud hanging off my arm and i felt selfish by not at least trying to be in optimal shape. My fiancé never pressured me or at any time did i ever feel obligated and that why i love her so much. Even at my heaviest she was happy with my appearance as long as i was and i wasn't.

So 99.9% of the credit of my loss has to go to her. she was the driving force behind this (through no fault of her own lol) and i have her to thank for me being happy again with my appearance once again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
mitchsmall.jpg (66.7 KB, 100 views)
updated.jpg (88.6 KB, 61 views)
back.jpg (40.0 KB, 50 views)
Old 11-28-2011, 07:39 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by mitchymitch
Hey team,

Well its taken a while but im finally at a stage where i feel comfortable in posting some before and after shots.

I really stepped it up in the last 4 months or so as you can tell by the dates. I had a temporary hiatus for about 10 months @ about 93kgs but then had a second wind

if you have any questions i will be popping in all the time now on because i feel i can contribute some quality advice having been there

I just got asked what my motivation was to lose the weight, as tacky as this sounds. i wanted to make my finances friends jealous, i wanted her to have the trophy husband and be proud hanging off my arm and i felt selfish by not at least trying to be in optimal shape. My fiancé never pressured me or at any time did i ever feel obligated and that why i love her so much. Even at my heaviest she was happy with my appearance as long as i was and i wasn't.

So 99.9% of the credit of my loss has to go to her. she was the driving force behind this (through no fault of her own lol) and i have her to thank for me being happy again with my appearance once again
Awesome job
Old 11-28-2011, 07:53 PM
FitDay Member

mitch it looks like you know how this should be done
nice job!

please do tell us how did you do it? Was it diet, weight training, cardio or something else?

Rokku
Old 11-29-2011, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 1fitchallenge
mitch it looks like you know how this should be done
nice job!

please do tell us how did you do it? Was it diet, weight training, cardio or something else?

Rokku
Hey Rokku,

Haha, appricate the nice words. It was alot of sweat and hard work as for the a more detailed explination of what i did

I actually started really getting my ass into gear ready for my trip this yearat the start of august

Diet: I never really dieted as such. what i did is really looked at the macros of the food i was eating and tried for a 45% protien 35% carbs and a 5% fat for the first two months eating about 300 - 400 cals a meal 6 times a day with the intention of increasing the speed of my metabolism. that seemed to work for me and didnt stick to it like gospel. if i felt super hungry i would eat more sporadically.

There was a couple of weeks there where i went of the rails a tad with the diet, but i didnt dwell and i just got straight back into it and pushed harder.

exercise:

For the first 2 months Aug - late sept I did a combo of cardio and weights, high rep range weights with short breaks between sets, as for the cardio it was nothing crazy just shooting basketball hoops 20mins before and 20mins after) I have not jumped of a treadmill since i started and quite frankly i hate cardio

from late sept to now i am doing weights 6 times a weeks 6 - 8 rep range and i dont do any cardio anymore

Supps: I take creatine, BCAA, glutamine and jack3d

My aim of trying to lose weight this time was not to destroy a treadmill and drop the kilos but to put on some muscle mass to help increase my metabolism, i have been this weight before a couple of times but last time i did it i was on thermogenics and i lost a heap of muscle and looked ill as opposed to fit.

thus why i think i am now able just to rely on good eating and weights and im still losing the fat. I have actually gotten stronger and i feel i have put on some size and from my calculation i have lost about 15 of body fat but as you can see i have only lost 12 or so kgs so hopefully some of that 3kgs is muscle i also changed the macros of my diet to a more reasonable 40% pro, 40% carbs 20% fat

If you have any more questions please dont hes. to ask