FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   Turning down the FREE lunch... (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/5018-turning-down-free-lunch.html)

sw07 08-19-2011 08:29 AM

Turning down the FREE lunch...

Yep, the will power is strong:D
My Boss just offered to buy us all lunch from the local greezy burger joint and I politely declined, even tho I'm kinda hungry and the office now smells like burgers and fries.
The cottage cheese and nectarine I had earlier is barely keeping the hunger at bay, but I'll pass on the bad calories any day:p besides, my 6 pack is just starting to show again and I don't wanna sabotage myself.

01gt4.6 08-19-2011 09:39 AM

Great job! I wish I could say that I have a 6 pack starting to show.:cool: Keep up the great work.

cjohnson728 08-19-2011 09:45 AM

Win :D!

RunbikeSki 08-19-2011 10:42 AM

kudos!

I do hope you got a little lunch of your own chosing sometime today!:D

sw07 08-19-2011 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki (Post 54242)
I do hope you got a little lunch of your own chosing sometime today!:D

Lol...yep, I used my lunch hour to meet up with a couple buyers from Craigslist (I'm selling some old appliances) and I managed to make a chicken sandwhich before I had to go back to work. I ate just enough to tie me over till supper, however, I'm also going for a run after work so I will be starving once I get home.
I'm trying to keep a consistent 600 cal deficient for the next couple of weeks.

lastri 08-20-2011 09:31 AM

Great Job! Don't you feel good when you are in control.
Mai

jackdup 08-20-2011 11:19 AM

When will power works, it is awesome!

You guys are awesome!

I went to a restaurant today and order chicken no fries, girl brings fries anyway-oops DANGER!

Well I only ate around 10 or so of them and brought the rest home for the girlfriend to eat.

I am still amazed that I was able to do that.

I had just done the stairs in my building for 35 minutes, and then went for a 35 minute walk, and I didn't want to do all that just for some french fries!

sw07 08-21-2011 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by jackdup (Post 54323)
When will power works, it is awesome!

You guys are awesome!

I went to a restaurant today and order chicken no fries, girl brings fries anyway-oops DANGER!

Well I only ate around 10 or so of them and brought the rest home for the girlfriend to eat.

I am still amazed that I was able to do that.

I had just done the stairs in my building for 35 minutes, and then went for a 35 minute walk, and I didn't want to do all that just for some french fries!

Good for you! And yes, you do not want to waste that exercise over some fries. I used the same rationality when I was cutting out the beers when I first started to mentally train myself to say no.:D

Originally Posted by lastri (Post 54312)
Great Job! Don't you feel good when you are in control.
Mai

Oh ya, absolutely

1dwing 08-25-2011 09:50 AM

Hey, good running Saturday-and I see you're near me. I'm up near Placerville.

sw07 08-26-2011 06:44 AM

Oh boy...here we go again:mad: A customer we are working with just dropped off 5 large pizzas.....Arrgh! I haven't eaten pizza in probably at least a year....no biggie tho, I found out that pizza makes me sick - too much greasy, fatty saturated fats and bulky gross carbs;)
Besides, I'm running a race tomorrow and I don't want any stomach trouble bubbling up at the wrong time:eek:

Hey 1dwing, Howdy and thanks. Do you run?