FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   here for the first time (my story) (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/490-here-first-time-my-story.html)

laskeens 02-23-2010 01:12 AM

here for the first time (my story)

Good morning everyone,
My journey with weight has been a long and trying one. I was chunky when i was little and my mom would tell me "you would be soooo pretty if you lost a little weight" as well as the popular "you would be amazed what a difference 10 lbs would make" I was 9 years old at the time and so naturally i took her "words of encouragement" as her way of telling me i was: fat,ugly,not beautiful,not good enough. My dad however,never a fan of nuances just came right out and told me how fat,ugly, and worthless i was. By the age of 18 i detested my body, and i dealt with this pain and depression, by eating. I would often sneak down stairs while my parents were away and horde massive amounts of food,consume it and then feel better for a minute and horrible after that. So around the age of 18 i was reading a teen people magazine and there was an article on bulimia. I thought i had found the answer! This was great, i could eat anything i wanted with no weight gain! so in less than 8 months i lost about 90 lbs.I had a boyfriend now,i moved to california, my life was great! Then i started having horrible pains in my mouth. I went to the dentist to discover that i needed 2 root canals and 2 removals. I am obsessed about my teeth all of the work had to be done in the back so you cant see any of it thank god. Anyway so the relationship didn't work out at all and after 2 years i moved back home to TN. When i moved back things had changed. Guys that had sat in front of me in english and never knew my name were asking me out and begging for my time. I didn't date any of them. My rule was "if i knew you in high school and you didn't like me....your loss" so anyway long story short i dated alot of guys. About a year of that went on and then i met justin. My current fiance :) the problem is..... I was so happy with him that i started eating and NOT purging. This resulted in me gaining 50 lbs which i am currently trying to lose. so i would love some weight loss friends on here and any help you can give me. Thanks so much :) i ended this so quickly because i have to go. thanks.

cacilona 02-23-2010 03:17 PM

In the end you will have to finally fall in love with yourself...having another love you doesn't work. That was the hardest thing for me to get over when my husband fell in love with me and we married. I gained 90 lbs in the first 4 years we were together! All my life I always thought if someone would just love me I wouldn't need the food and boy was I fooled. So I have been on Fitday for 8 years and have lost 60 lbs. very slowly because at 61 yrs. old the weight doesn't come off easily because at this age the body's metabolism is nearly at a dead stop. However, I continue to work at it. Let me know how you're doing! Carol

DBHIBL 02-25-2010 05:54 AM

Over 50 and trying to lose

I"m over 50 and trying to get back on the exercise wagon again. It's so much harder at this age to lose weight and gain the stength back again. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm looking for any tips or suggestions that anyone has. I'm working with a personal trainer once a month to keep it "fresh" and starting on fitday but finding it time consuming. Any tips there? I'm over 200# and need to lost bween 25-40 #.