Notices

Mike Supporters Forum

Old 08-24-2011, 10:52 AM
FitDay Member

Mike and Cassie you guys are too funny, stuffing the bra with Pom Poms, gave me a good chuckle. Mike you are an inspiration to many of us, I love looking at before and after pictures and yours definatly get a WOW!!! I wish I had taken a before picture, but typical of most overweight people I avoid the camera like the plague. I just finished my own egg fight, it lasted for the better part of the summer, I was depressed about work, a botched foot surgery and problems at home (hubby not working and teenage angst to name a few) and gained just over 10 lbs, I was only 6 lbs from my goal when I started the sabotage, now I am back on track and more determined than ever to get where I need to be, I have set Christmas as my goal so I can get my new tatoo for Christmas. Keep up the good work.

PS I have friends in Slidel LA go figure :-)
Old 08-24-2011, 01:22 PM
FitDay Member

Mike,
I'm sorry that you have been throwing eggs at yourself
I think it's pretty obvious the overwhelming positive regard we all have for you here. You have showed me such kindness as well as the rest of the forum folk on this board. I felt your support and encouragement. Everyone has! We want to be here for you too

I know you will overcome and find that 'zen' where it is all falling into place how you want it..... Let me tell you how I know that. There's almost an element of you berating yourself within a few posts of this thread, but do you know what you said amidst all of that?
You said "I'll be forced to walk the entire thing".
That is so powerful and quite frankly, it inspires me. You're a fighter. So many people just wouldn't even attempt the 1/2 marathon. It is such a part of the human condition to relinquish acts if they cannot be done perfectly or how we intended it to be. Your attitude is gonna pull you through. What inner strength you have.

I try to look at my journey of weightloss to a healthy one as being one with many diversions and even tracing back over, having to walk right down that path I just walked. I know this. I know that when that occurs, and it will occur, the most important thing is to remember the ultimate goal. It wasn't a week of sabotaging my eating habits that got me to where I am today, and a week or so of less than ideal food choices for yourself won't derail you either.

I've read about people who have lost a considerable amount of weight and how they maintain it for years. None of what I have read mentioned them being perfect at their healthy/maintaining weight. On the contrary, they do EXACTLY what you are doing now...getting back on track after 10 lb gain vs 50, 75, etc. Thus, you realizing, acknowledging and taking steps to counter this gain is just another part of your ultimate success. Kudos to you!!
Old 08-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mjp22
When I have stopped working out in the past, it was soon after that I no longer worried about the food I was eating. My hope this time around is that I can reach my goal, and find a happy medium that allows me to maintain my weight without falling off the clean diet wagon. I just recently found fitday and feel that taking the time to record my food really keeps me focused on what I am eating.
That's a hard rut to get out of. When working out becomes a big part of who you are and it's taken away, it changes everything. Last night I took a "calculated" risk and did squats (very light weight). It's the first time in months that I've had any weight bearing down on me. It was nice to be able to go through that motion again. Keep focused and moving forward!

Originally Posted by kajajo
Mike and Cassie you guys are too funny, stuffing the bra with Pom Poms, gave me a good chuckle. Mike you are an inspiration to many of us, I love looking at before and after pictures and yours definatly get a WOW!!! I wish I had taken a before picture, but typical of most overweight people I avoid the camera like the plague. I just finished my own egg fight, it lasted for the better part of the summer, I was depressed about work, a botched foot surgery and problems at home (hubby not working and teenage angst to name a few) and gained just over 10 lbs, I was only 6 lbs from my goal when I started the sabotage, now I am back on track and more determined than ever to get where I need to be, I have set Christmas as my goal so I can get my new tatoo for Christmas. Keep up the good work.

PS I have friends in Slidel LA go figure :-)
I tell people all the time to take before pics, no matter how painful it may be. We all tend to forget how far we've come and that is a good reminder. If you haven't done so, It's never too late to take those pics! Stress and depression can be a bitch to get past. Keep your goal in mind and stay determined! Slidell is a pretty small town, I may know your friends.

Originally Posted by ripemango
Mike,
I'm sorry that you have been throwing eggs at yourself
I think it's pretty obvious the overwhelming positive regard we all have for you here. You have showed me such kindness as well as the rest of the forum folk on this board. I felt your support and encouragement. Everyone has! We want to be here for you too

I know you will overcome and find that 'zen' where it is all falling into place how you want it..... Let me tell you how I know that. There's almost an element of you berating yourself within a few posts of this thread, but do you know what you said amidst all of that?
You said "I'll be forced to walk the entire thing".
That is so powerful and quite frankly, it inspires me. You're a fighter. So many people just wouldn't even attempt the 1/2 marathon. It is such a part of the human condition to relinquish acts if they cannot be done perfectly or how we intended it to be. Your attitude is gonna pull you through. What inner strength you have.

I try to look at my journey of weightloss to a healthy one as being one with many diversions and even tracing back over, having to walk right down that path I just walked. I know this. I know that when that occurs, and it will occur, the most important thing is to remember the ultimate goal. It wasn't a week of sabotaging my eating habits that got me to where I am today, and a week or so of less than ideal food choices for yourself won't derail you either.

I've read about people who have lost a considerable amount of weight and how they maintain it for years. None of what I have read mentioned them being perfect at their healthy/maintaining weight. On the contrary, they do EXACTLY what you are doing now...getting back on track after 10 lb gain vs 50, 75, etc. Thus, you realizing, acknowledging and taking steps to counter this gain is just another part of your ultimate success. Kudos to you!!
Thank you so much for the kind words. The past four weeks have been good. My diet has been much better, I'm only allowing myself 1 cheat day a week (sometimes it's a rough one) and I seem to being slipping back into my good habits again. My 1/2 Marathon is in a week and a 1/2 (Sept 3rd). I was going to set a goal just to finish, but I set a time goal too. I'm shooting for 3h 16m, I figure that's an average of 4mph, not the greatest but not bad for walking.

You have the right outlook on your journey! With that attitude you'll stick with your goals and enjoy the journey.

Everyone here has been so supporting, we have the greatest support team right here in front of us. Thanks so much for everyone pushing me through.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:22 AM
Super Moderator

I posted this on 7/25
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Oh wow, I get my own thread!

I usually hover around 172-174. I have gotten as low as 168, I think (I'd have to check). For the past month and a half, my diet hasn't been stellar and due to a back injury I had to take some time off from my workouts. I've been back to working out for a few weeks, but not with the same intensity.

I found it harder and harder to stick to 1 cheat meal a week. It quickly turned into 1 cheat DAY a week, which lead to me having to struggle to go 2-3 days without cheating. Before I new it I was having 2-3 cheat days a week. My clean days weren't that clean either.

The past week was horrendous. I didn't log a thing and pretty much ate until I felt sick. I gorged for an entire week, probably eating 3k-4k calories a day of nothing but garbage. That got me to where I was this morning, 177.6 pounds. While that may not seem like a lot, I have no doubt that the entire gain (and then some) was pure fat. I have lost some of my muscle mass over that past month and a half and my midsection is weak from not being able to do any core work. DAMN BACK! When I look at my picture in my signature of 178pounds I was in a lot better shape then. So the weight can be deceiving.

Now the trick will be to get back down to 169 in 5 weeks without losing any more muscle. I have to stay focused and keep my head straight and rely on y'all for support (and an occasional kick in the ass) to battle my food demons.
Just a little update.

As I posted in the 7 day motivational thread. This goes to show that if you fall off the wagon, don't throw in the towel! It's not the end of the world. You've only failed if you give up.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Good Job, Mike!

Whoo hooo! (don't have any fancy animations, but if I did I'd post 'em)
Old 08-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Pam!
Old 08-27-2011, 11:46 AM
FitDay Member

WOW your feet look much thinner! Way to go. Mary
Old 08-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

It must be the lighting. The only change I can see in my feet is the scratches from me scratching ant bites.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:15 AM
FitDay Member

awesome Mike!!!!

i think i have scale envy hehee

i use a vintage scale from the fifties. works perfectly and is very retro but man, i like your scale (and the weight displayed on it as well)

rock on mike
Old 08-29-2011, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Good job Mike.
How's your back doing, is it getting any better?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.