Little things make it worthwhile. >

Little things make it worthwhile.

Community
Notices

Little things make it worthwhile.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

It is the little things. Like...
*I flew on a commercial airline this week and did not have to request a seat belt extender for the first time in a long time. I celebrated with a 1/2 diet coke and some peanuts.

*I bought a new sport coat. My VP said I looked good and had that I had executive presence.

*I will be able to partiipate in a 5K in October and have plans for a 1/2 marathon next year.

*I feel better and that shows in my facial expressions and people comment about this.

*Life is good.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator

The other day a co-worker said to me that I look like "The incredible shrinking woman."

I laughed, because I personally know I've been at roughly the same weight for a few weeks, but it was nice to hear anyway. You can't fish for those kinds of compliments.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by njh50
Anyone else got a small achievement that makes their day?

Nita
I was transferring subways in downtown Boston. A 75 year old woman with a cane was going down the stairs, lifting her suitcase down a stair, taking a step turning around to pick up the suiticase, bringing it down one stair, and then repeating the painful process. I asked her "can I give you a hand with that?" Her English wasn't very good (I think she was Haitian, and clearly someone's beloved grandmother), but she said "very heavy", I said "I'll do my best", and could pick it up, without too much trouble. I got to the bottom of the stairs, returned her bag to her, and we both get to have better days, she thinks people can sometimes be nice, I know that I can sometimes be nice, and actually have the strength to follow through on my good intentions.

When the stairs alone were hard for me, I would never have dared offer!