Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
Little things make it worthwhile. >

Little things make it worthwhile.

Community
Notices

Little things make it worthwhile.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:26 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Little things make it worthwhile.

I find that sometimes its a small success that really gives me a lift. I apologise in advance if this offends anyone.

This week I went out and bought some new underwear TWO SIZES SMALLER. Whooo Hoooo!!!!

Nothing fancy - just everyday ones - but two sizes smaller.

That gives me more of an incentive than what the scales say (mine can be such liars at times).

Anyone else got a small achievement that makes their day?

Nita
Old 07-30-2011, 05:44 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by njh50
I find that sometimes its a small success that really gives me a lift. I apologise in advance if this offends anyone.

This week I went out and bought some new underwear TWO SIZES SMALLER. Whooo Hoooo!!!!

Nothing fancy - just everyday ones - but two sizes smaller.

That gives me more of an incentive than what the scales say (mine can be such liars at times).

Anyone else got a small achievement that makes their day?

Nita
I do the same thing, for me its one size smaller than I am this way when I fit in those magical jeans than I know I am on the right track. So keep on it this is one goal that really works.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:42 PM
FitDay Member

I find closet shopping very rewarding. It's nice to be able to get into some old favourites -- and even better when they look better on you now than when you bought them. Mary
Old 07-31-2011, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Things that make it worthwhile:
>The random compliments/comments I get from people: one day a coworker mentioned something about my looking "strong"
>A random pic taken of me in a swimsuit where you can definitely see abs
>Being able to do a workout video a little better/easier each time
>People thinking I'm a smaller size than I am (bittersweet one, there)
>Getting up at 6:30, working out for an hr and a half, and still having the rest of my day left (and beating the heat). I'm 19, so being out of bed before 12 is impressive, and I was considered an "early riser", I'd be up at 10 XD
Old 07-31-2011, 10:40 PM
FitDay Member

I have reached the last hole on a belt that barely fit me three months ago. What an awesome feeling. I will have to drop to a smaller belt soon.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:29 PM
FitDay Member

I love when I'm getting dressed and my fiance says "That's too big, throw it away so you don't grow back into it."
Old 08-03-2011, 08:50 AM
FitDay Member

My kilt is my motivator. Every day it's a little easier to close, and that's awesome. I'm looking forward to having to get it taken in.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:27 AM
FitDay Member

I don't have any small achievement yet, but I do have a motivator as well. I have a really nice suit that I had tailored, taken out, several years ago. I really love this suit and I could no longer fit into recently. Like, no way could I even button the pants shut. My motivator is to get down in weight and start wearing that suit again!
Old 08-03-2011, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

Today I pulled out a couple suit jackets and noticed how much better they look. I'll soon be down to the smallest clothes in my closet. Can't wait to the day I have nothing that fits and need a whole new wardrobe. Size 10 will be a whole new world for me. Mary
Old 08-04-2011, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

When I shopped for my new job that required office attire at the end of May 2010 I had a really hard time finding things that fit and looked nice. They were mostly on the verge of too tight. Now most of those clothes are on the verge of officially too baggy to even wear. They hide the work that I have done and I am going to have to shop soon....after we go for the kids to return to school this fall of course.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.