Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
My Wish Came True!! Dun, dun, dun... >

My Wish Came True!! Dun, dun, dun...

Community
Notices

My Wish Came True!! Dun, dun, dun...

Old 05-24-2011, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

Question My Wish Came True!! Dun, dun, dun...

Every time since I was little, when someone said "ok, make a wish", I've said in my head "I wish to not be fat", I wish to be thin, I wish to lose weight. So!! Good things "DO" come to those who wait... I've gone from 216 lbs. size 18+, to... today on the scale- 125 even, and I wear a size 3/4. Finally, my wish has come true.

So, how Is It that people always think the grass is greener on the other side? I am however pleased, my health is amazing, I have loads of energy, I've created a lifestyle that is-about-a-billion-times better than how I lived my life before. Why... do I still feel fat?

My boyfriend says I'm like a fat girl trapped in a skinny girls body- he says I look amazing, but how I feel is a little bit different.

The feeling of no longer stepping on the scale to see drastically different numbers, or my body changing, and clothes sizes dropping. I have counted my blessings that I do have skin that snapped into good shape except for on my stomach.

I still however, am terrified of gaining an ounce, and would also, truely love to lose more. I'm struggeling with the whole thing a bit. Anyone else having any of the same issues? I'm being very serious, I look at myself and only see the things to change, and making sure the scale NEVER gets any higher-only lower, but when Is the right time to quit?

How many calories do I eat now? Can I really eat more than 1,200 calories and not weigh more?

Last edited by Bzilla27; 05-24-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

It depends on how big you are, how active you are, and how old you are, among other things. The only way to know if you can eat more is to try it and see what happens.

Congrats on your progress!

Maintenance is hard, no two ways about it. Keep thinking of it as a learning process. I've not known anyone personally or here on the boards who has gotten to their desired weight and kept it there effortlessly. Stay vigilant, make good choices, and be prepared to make up for it when and if you slip up.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

congrats on your success! You've done well!!! Why do you still feel fat? You are not alone, we were just discussing that here the other day. http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...erception.html
Old 05-24-2011, 09:12 AM
FitDay Member

Well done. You have had such success you may be missing the challange and the rewards of doing so well. Keeping the weight off is a challange as well and one you can measure with the scales and how you feel. Another issue we all have to deal with is that our weight is only one part of us. It's great to be fit and looking healthy but it does not change everything. Enjoy the changes you have made.

Mary
Old 05-24-2011, 10:40 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey Bzilla27,
Super, wonderful, and a huge congrats! You know, most of us have had to take a while to adjust to the new body.

I am afraid one of the ways I learned to cope with the new me was to keep trying on new clothes (size 4... OMG ). Of course that lead to buying said clothes, that lead to racking up a little bit of a credit card debt, that lead to a little bit of guilt and self-recrimination. Which ended up giving me something new to obsess about... which ultimately wasn't a bad thing.

Not that I recommend racking up the bills, but I do recommend keeping in touch with the new you by trying on a new style from time to time, a new hairdo to go with all the rest of the changes, perhaps?

But mostly plan on it taking a while to get used to eating like the slim, trim goreous girl you are. Ramp up the calories rather than jumping back into the old eating habits and keep an eye on the scale. This is now the rest of your life... and figuring out how to maintain that little body of yours for the rest of your life will most like always be a life-long commitment. But one that does gets easier with time, and is totally worth it
Old 05-24-2011, 12:54 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Yup, I hear ya'. I'm not at my goal yet, but I intend to log food and exercise for a long time even after I meet it. My history tells me I can't be trusted not too. Oh, yes, this whole deal messes with your head as well. Do check out the thread Mike linked to--some good stuff.

Regards,
Michael

PS Congrats on your success!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:08 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Aha!

Good reply's, thank you guys so much for reading, and saying your thoughts... I read that post-and threads as well. I should browse more before throwing up another-kinda-the-same thing. While It's nice to know, in some way others are having a bit of an issue with new bodies, I didn't think of It that way, It's almost like being a new person. I have lost 10-15-20 lbs in the past and gained all of It and more back, but steadily losing, understanding, and keeping off what Is gone now Is like a different life completely!

I thought about this a TON yesterday, and I'm going to put up "my" tips, and share some ideas I have because I guess I can consider myself sort of an expert, instead of needing to ask questions... that I already can answer!

Thanks again! <3
Old 06-07-2011, 10:31 AM
FitDay Member

First of all congratulations, you deserve to enjoy your newfound health and lifestyle. As a person who lost over a hundred pounds and got a little anxious when I finished, I would strongly recommend you see a nutritionist or even a counselor for an hour or so to discuss it and make a plan. I say this because we get over a hundred pounds overweight for a reason, and my experience of losing weight was so , well, exciting, actually, that when it was over, when ppl ceased to comment on it, when I had no more big milestones, I didnt really know what to do with myself, or all the energy I had put into it. I realize now I should have planned for a new project, goal etc to take up what my weight loss project took up. Maybe I should have trained for a run, or taken up a new sport. Instead what I did was I met a new love of my life. yahoo! So I stopped thinking about all of this. Within a year I had gained a quarter of the weight back. This year another quarter. Now I am back facing the same project all over again that I was sure I was finished with. So I pass on this advice so that you may avoid what I have done. I still had the anxiousness that had made me fat. Enjoy each of your days as a healthy person! Very best of luck.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by georgestheleg
First of all congratulations, you deserve to enjoy your newfound health and lifestyle. As a person who lost over a hundred pounds and got a little anxious when I finished, I would strongly recommend you see a nutritionist or even a counselor for an hour or so to discuss it and make a plan. I say this because we get over a hundred pounds overweight for a reason, and my experience of losing weight was so , well, exciting, actually, that when it was over, when ppl ceased to comment on it, when I had no more big milestones, I didnt really know what to do with myself, or all the energy I had put into it. I realize now I should have planned for a new project, goal etc to take up what my weight loss project took up. Maybe I should have trained for a run, or taken up a new sport. Instead what I did was I met a new love of my life. yahoo! So I stopped thinking about all of this. Within a year I had gained a quarter of the weight back. This year another quarter. Now I am back facing the same project all over again that I was sure I was finished with. So I pass on this advice so that you may avoid what I have done. I still had the anxiousness that had made me fat. Enjoy each of your days as a healthy person! Very best of luck.
Been there, done that, still have the 8x T-shirt.

Darned good advice, my friend. It may be tough to believe, but actually losing weight is the easy part. I wholeheartedly agree that we need to have a plan/goal to transition over to once the major weight loss is done.

Regards,
Michael