Notices

time to update on me!

Old 05-24-2011, 10:16 PM
FitDay Member

Smile time to update on me!

I haven't been able to access this site from work which is where I do most of my online surfing. I just don't have time for it from home usually. So I haven't been tracking food & activity. I thought that this may be a huge downfall for me. And at first it was. I left it bother me greatly. I stayed within 2lbs up or the same weight for about three weeks since the weight challenge at work was over and I no longer had to step on a scale in front of someone else weekly. During those 8 weeks at work, I lost 27lbs! I have in the past two weeks not been able to walk during my lunch hour due to a strained muscle in my hip radiating numbness and tingling down to my ankle. So last week I decided that when the hubby goes to work at 5am instead of sneaking back to bed for an hour or so I would work out. I have been doing a little routine that I came up with four days a week at 5am and it is working. I now dropped an additional 6.8lbs for a total of 33.8lbs since Feb 21st 2011!! That is a 10% loss overall since I started and is 5% towards my 4th of July goal of 281! Woohoo!

The best part was yet to come though. This week was my 34th bday and I told the hubby that I wanted some new jeans since I was constantly tugging mine back into place. So I went shopping on Saturday and took four sizes into the dressing room and came out only keeping the smallest ones I took in! I went in wearing size 28's and came out holding 22s and a 24(slim)....I never even knew plus size came in slim! But they are awesome. I am a belly fat person and my legs are much smaller in comparison and these jeans hug to my legs instead of looking like balloons sagging!! I was so happy! I was texting my hubby (at work) from my fitting room!

Then Monday we had a company picnic. I stopped by the offices of some people that I hadn't seen in a while to show off my new jeans and the compliments poured in! My hubby & kids are so proud of me too. It makes such a difference to hear it, because honestly I don't really see that big of a difference yet.

Oh, and yesterday I broke through....under the 300lb mark in I have no idea how long!! I am 297.4 this morning. I had to re-weigh this morning to be sure that it wasn't wrong yesterday when it said 299 LOL. I really miss talking with all of you. I might try to make this part of my morning when I work out from now on because the encouragement from here is so helpful to my progress.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:09 PM
FitDay Member

Awesome job! Thanks for the update!
Old 05-25-2011, 12:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

April, I read your Challenge update post first, but congrats again on getting into the "Twos"! It's a great feeling to drop a "Century", LOL!

Keep up the great progress.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-26-2011, 02:50 AM
Super Moderator

Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself not only for the new jeans, the new century, and the weight drop but ALSO for figuring out what you needed to do to keep yourself on track, and finding an exercise routine that you could stick to! Big kudos to you!!!!