Notices

Seeking photos for inspirational weight loss video

Old 04-14-2011, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default Seeking photos for inspirational weight loss video

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker and member, first time poster

I personally find it very inspiring to see before and after photos of weight loss. My favorite show is the Biggest Loser and I love when it gets to the end of the season and they show the starting photo during the weigh in.

Anyway, I had the idea to make a short video displaying people's before and after photos, maybe with the weight underneath as well. There are some of these videos on YouTube but they all seem to be geared towards selling dodgy slimming pills

Would you be interested in contributing your photos? Please email me at [email protected] if you would like to be featured in the video. Or just reply here.

Thanks and good luck to all!
Old 04-14-2011, 02:58 AM
Super Moderator

would it be used to promote any product? What is your YouTube channel name?
Old 04-14-2011, 09:00 PM
FitDay Member

I haven't got a YouTube channel yet. No it wouldn't be promoting any product or particular diet, just celebrating success!
Old 05-01-2011, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

I have been humming and hawing about posting before and after pics on here, would hate to think that someone would hijack them for use on a youtube vid without my permission....Mike can you advise on this? Is there a secure way to post without your pics being downloaded by other people?

Thanks
Old 05-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gallusgal
I have been humming and hawing about posting before and after pics on here, would hate to think that someone would hijack them for use on a youtube vid without my permission....Mike can you advise on this? Is there a secure way to post without your pics being downloaded by other people?

Thanks
not that I know of. I think if you can right click and "save as" it can be taken. Maybe Michael (mecompco) would know. He's more computer savvy than I am. If it helps any, I have my pics all over and I've never seem them show up in anyone's video, besides my own. One thing you could do, if it makes you feel any better, is cut or blur your face out.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
not that I know of. I think if you can right click and "save as" it can be taken. Maybe Michael (mecompco) would know. He's more computer savvy than I am. If it helps any, I have my pics all over and I've never seem them show up in anyone's video, besides my own. One thing you could do, if it makes you feel any better, is cut or blur your face out.
I've done some research on this and the consensus is that there is no sure-fire way to stop someone stealing an image. If you have access to the web sites source code, this javascript command:
<body oncontextmenu="alert('You may not right click'); return false;">

is supposed to eliminate the "right click and save" option.

You can also add a watermark to the picture to make it less desirable to "borrow".

One other suggestion I found was to make your pictures into a flash movie, so they can't be right-clicked and saved.

Regards,
Michael