FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   My story with pics (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/388-my-story-pics.html)

JimD200 02-25-2010 12:20 PM

Good job man! You must have made all the right choices, which leads to wonder about your user name...why a Ford?
I am about to start my fitness journey and at 35, I will have no excuses having seen your success. Thanks for sharing,
Jim

01gt4.6 02-25-2010 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by JimD200 (Post 4474)
Good job man! You must have made all the right choices, which leads to wonder about your user name...why a Ford?
I am about to start my fitness journey and at 35, I will have no excuses having seen your success. Thanks for sharing,
Jim

I've always loved mustangs, I just learned the hard way that modding a modular motor is expensive. My next "hot rod" will another mustang (foxbody LX notch) but I'll do an LSx swap and either turbo or I'll stick with N2O. Either way it'll be a 9 second car that gets decent gas mileage. It would be the cheapest route to go fast, while still having a good looking body.

JimD200 02-28-2010 03:25 AM

Cool, I started a project car years ago, then got married, had our first kid, bought a house, had a second kid, and now day dream about finishing the project car...:rolleyes:
Good luck with getting everything done, and have fun!

finallyfree73 03-02-2010 09:22 AM

Amazing!! Your discipline has certainly paid off! You actually look like your own son now!

01gt4.6 03-14-2010 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by finallyfree73 (Post 4876)
Amazing!! Your discipline has certainly paid off! You actually look like your own son now!

thanks. Someone else has said that I look like my own son. Too bad I don't have one, it would be funny to compare.

mlaster 05-11-2010 12:50 AM

Wow! Freaking unbelievable! Hats off to you. I've lost close to 30 lbs already and looking to loose another 50 at least. You are an inspiration!:D:D:D

mlaster 05-11-2010 12:52 AM

Once again, great job. Mike, what is P90x by the way?

MollySue2 05-12-2010 05:58 AM

Kudos to you for getting in such great shape! You truly are an inspiration!

01gt4.6 05-12-2010 08:33 AM

thanks everyone!

P90X is a set of workout DVD's. It's a 90 day program that's pretty intense. It combines strength training along with cardio, it even has Yoga! It comes with a nutrition guide (that I didn't follow). It doesn't require much equiptment, either dumbbells (or resistance bands), and a pullup bar. I have not known of anyone that has done it and didn't seen great results. If you are up late at night you'll probably stumble across a P90X infomercial... but you won't see me in it. lol

kevin.gootee 06-09-2010 12:40 AM

Just started FitDay

I just started Fitday this last Monday and have spent literally years in the gym trying to manage my weight and "thought" I had a good handle on diet. Since I have been logging my food and exercise this week, I have already dropped 3 lbs. I know that is not a lot in comparison to many, but I have been staying between 200 and 205 for years and finally seem to have found something to get me on the right track to meet my weight loss goals. Best of all, I think this will help with life style changes to keep me there.

Heck, I already turned down my softball team's offer to go to the bar when our game got rained out last night...usually, I go and put down a picture of beer and have a burger and fries. One day I will have th strength to hang out without giving in to to beer and fried foods. :D