Notices

Compliments

Old 07-16-2011, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

Way to go Pam! I hope you offered 1st aid. Mary
Old 07-17-2011, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah he probably wanted mouth to mouth resuscitation!
Old 07-17-2011, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
I was walking out to my car this morning when a couple of bicyclists were riding by. One of them was staring at me so hard he ran off the road into the ditch on the other side .
Nice! I met up with the bf in Ocean City last Thursday, and he kept telling me how awesome and beautiful I looked :P
Old 07-17-2011, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

It's great to get the positive feedback isn't it. Whether it's by causing accidents like Pam did or by compliments! Mary
Old 07-17-2011, 01:15 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Way to go Pam! I hope you offered 1st aid. Mary
I would have but he was pretty embarrassed, so he jumped up with a "I'm OK" and skiddadled off

Originally Posted by tonkajen
Yeah he probably wanted mouth to mouth resuscitation!
Might have thought about it if he had been a little cuter . And the hubby hadn't been hanging around
Old 07-18-2011, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

So yesterday we went to my daughter's soccer team's pool party. I got alot of compliments, it was crazy! People telling me I'm so skinny....wow, me!? And they asked how I did it, and ya know, it was funny...I told them I just eat clean and log everything that I eat. It was like they were disappointed with my answer, I guess they were expecting that I was gonna have this magic diet plan. I felt kinda bad.
But like the old tried and true..... eat less, move more.

The hard part will be to KEEP IT OFF!!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

You are doiing great. I bet it felt good to know you were looking good. People do want an instant fix. I have several friends who are "trying" to lose weight. Only one of them has joined fit day despite my praise of it. I've had a lifetime of quick fixes and quicker rebounds. This time it's a lifestyle change. My new mantra " I am now an active healthy person".
Old 07-18-2011, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

That is a great one Pam!!

I get comments on how much I have lost and I look so good, but if I ever say I have another 100 or more to go nobody ever believes me. I just don't have the nerve to say I still weigh almost 300 lbs.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ZoeDuc
I told them I just eat clean and log everything that I eat. It was like they were disappointed with my answer, I guess they were expecting that I was gonna have this magic diet plan. I felt kinda bad.
But like the old tried and true..... eat less, move more.
So true. People would tell me all the time "How'd you do it/ I want to do what you're doing." I'd tell them "Diet and exercise." and I ALWAYS got a look of disappointment, followed by a list of excuses "I don't have time, I like food too much, I don't like to workout, it's too hot, etc"
Old 07-18-2011, 05:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
So true. People would tell me all the time "How'd you do it/ I want to do what you're doing." I'd tell them "Diet and exercise." and I ALWAYS got a look of disappointment, followed by a list of excuses "I don't have time, I like food too much, I don't like to workout, it's too hot, etc"
Yup, same here. You take off a couple hundred pounds in a year and a half and everyone thinks you've stumbled onto some magic formula.

I tell them "sorry, but all I do is eat less, move more and log it all in FitDay." It's most always a big let down.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.