Notices

Compliments

Old 03-17-2011, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
when I get a compliment it's usually about how young I look. The most flattering comment was that I look like Greek God, but I think that she needed her eyes checked. Maybe she meant that I looked like a member of the geek squad, but I don't work for Best Buy.
LOL...maybe you got some of that Adonis DNA Charlie keeps talking about....

When I first started to lose a lot of weight, it was more like "Oh my God, What is wrong with you?, are you sick? Do you have Cancer?" ya, whatever....
The latest was "Dude, you look like a Rockstar!"
It's all good as long as random women keep smiling & waving to me
Old 03-17-2011, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sw07
LOL...maybe you got some of that Adonis DNA Charlie keeps talking about....

When I first started to lose a lot of weight, it was more like "Oh my God, What is wrong with you?, are you sick? Do you have Cancer?" ya, whatever....
The latest was "Dude, you look like a Rockstar!"
It's all good as long as random women keep smiling & waving to me
yeah I wish I have the Adonis "V" going on. Maybe one day. I got a lot of the lookinf sick comments at 1st as well.

Thanks Mary, I guess I'm not good at compliments, maybe b/c I see the flaws over everything else.

Almeeker, I think I'd look funny with hair now. I'm so use to being bald.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

It was my Mother in Law who gave me the compliment that made me feel good yesterday. Not so much spoken as shown, since she doesn't speak English. She pointed at me, made a signal with her hands showing them spread far apart to represent 'Big' then moved them closer together to show 'Smaller'. It was her way of saying I got smaller. Made me feel good. ^_^
Old 03-17-2011, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Crimpet
It was my Mother in Law who gave me the compliment that made me feel good yesterday. Not so much spoken as shown, since she doesn't speak English. She pointed at me, made a signal with her hands showing them spread far apart to represent 'Big' then moved them closer together to show 'Smaller'. It was her way of saying I got smaller. Made me feel good. ^_^
I love this one!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:14 AM
FitDay Member

I'm 65 and often told I look much younger. Guys sometimes comment that my husband must be very happy and that they wish their wives would work out! And younger people at my gym (nearly everyone is younger) tell me I inspire them. These things keep me going and remind me that there IS a fountain of youth: exercise and healthy eating habits over time. I've been working out since my late 30's.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by noelminneci
I'm 65 and often told I look much younger. Guys sometimes comment that my husband must be very happy and that they wish their wives would work out! And younger people at my gym (nearly everyone is younger) tell me I inspire them. These things keep me going and remind me that there IS a fountain of youth: exercise and healthy eating habits over time. I've been working out since my late 30's.
GREAT MOTIVATION! I MAY POST THAT ON MY FRIDGE. Mary
Old 03-17-2011, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

A guy at the gym said to me a week or so ago - "I'm married and I know that you are married, so it's OK that I tell you that your shoulders are looking AWESOME!" I guess he didn't want me to think he might be a bit flirtatious! Made me feel great to know that someone other than me was noticing my hard work.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:16 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by NB-PEmom
A guy at the gym said to me a week or so ago - "I'm married and I know that you are married, so it's OK that I tell you that your shoulders are looking AWESOME!" I guess he didn't want me to think he might be a bit flirtatious! Made me feel great to know that someone other than me was noticing my hard work.
Kinda similar situation:
I had an old friend and professional colleague sidle up to me and say: Pam, I'm a happily married man, but you are looking great!
Old 03-18-2011, 02:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by noelminneci
Awesome!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

I haven't gotten any outside of home comments yet but I will say that while we have always been very active in the 'bedroom' dept, I notice my hubby looking at me more often and when I sit near him he always has his hands on my lower back or rubbing me lately.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.