Community
Notices

Compliments

Old 09-15-2011, 10:26 AM
FitDay Member

LOL Funny the way they choose to compliment sometimes. Congrats on needing new jeans again. Mary
Old 11-10-2011, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

I have received a couple recent compliments from people who have not seen me for a year or so. Today a former client dropped into the office and did a double take before commenting how good I looked. A couple weeks ago a person who sat on a Jury trial I was defense counsel for a couple years ago, stopped me at court to tell me she had seen me at court a few times recently and wanted to comment how much I had changed.

I find changing my style helps even when the pounds are not changing that quickly. Mary
Old 11-25-2011, 09:07 AM
FitDay Member

Two rienforcements today. First I had to dig out my robes for court (Canadain Eh) as I was in the higher court. It must be over a year since I've needed to wear them. The skirt and jacket were both way to big! The skirt has been tight ever since I got them 15 years ago. In fact there have been several years I couldn"t wear it. Next one of the court baliffs said he almost didn't recognize me - thought I was some young student! Of course he was exagerating however I took it as a compliment. Mary
Old 11-25-2011, 10:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Two rienforcements today. First I had to dig out my robes for court (Canadain Eh) as I was in the higher court. It must be over a year since I've needed to wear them. The skirt and jacket were both way to big! The skirt has been tight ever since I got them 15 years ago. In fact there have been several years I couldn"t wear it. Next one of the court baliffs said he almost didn't recognize me - thought I was some young student! Of course he was exagerating however I took it as a compliment. Mary

How very nice! So is it time to invest in new robes?
Old 11-25-2011, 11:02 AM
FitDay Member

No I wear a gown over the skirt and jacket so I can throw on a plain black skirt and nobody sees the jacket. Most lawyers retire with the same set they started with - often having to let them out a few times over the years LOL

However I am going shopping for a new outfit this weekend. Mary
Old 12-29-2011, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

There are a group of girls here at work that I talk to but don't really fit in that well with. On Friday they were discussing how they would all start working on losing weight again after the New Year. I watched them do WW last year and after a few months it seemed most of their habits went back to what they were to start with. Anyway...one of the girls looked at me and said I would be her inspiration in the new year!

Then we were discussing if they were going to have the weight loss team challenge at work again this year and they said if they do we should form a team with me as their captain.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
There are a group of girls here at work that I talk to but don't really fit in that well with. On Friday they were discussing how they would all start working on losing weight again after the New Year. I watched them do WW last year and after a few months it seemed most of their habits went back to what they were to start with. Anyway...one of the girls looked at me and said I would be her inspiration in the new year!

Then we were discussing if they were going to have the weight loss team challenge at work again this year and they said if they do we should form a team with me as their captain.

Wonderful! I hope you pointed them to FitDay
Old 12-29-2011, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Wonderful! I hope you pointed them to FitDay

I'm actually debating that point. On one hand this is the best thing that has helped my loss so far. On the other, I lay out some pretty personal info on this forum and I'm not sure I want someone I know IRL to have access to it.

Decisions, decisions!
Old 12-29-2011, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go April. I have had the same concerns about referring people. Luckily (or not) the people I have suggested fitday to have not followed through. Mary
Old 12-29-2011, 01:57 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I'm actually debating that point. On one hand this is the best thing that has helped my loss so far. On the other, I lay out some pretty personal info on this forum and I'm not sure I want someone I know IRL to have access to it.

Decisions, decisions!
Hmmm, I see your point. Maybe wait for a while and see how it plays out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.