Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
Progress Report My light at the end of the tunnel >

Progress Report My light at the end of the tunnel

Community
Notices

Progress Report My light at the end of the tunnel

Old 01-04-2011, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Well fitday friends Just wanted to check in and let you know how I was doing. I have been through all of the holidays and am no worse for wear. Been working out a lot eating often, eating well etc. On new years i ate too much, drank too much etc. On New Years day we had doughnuts, chili verde Burritos Tacos and more beer. It was to die for but at the end of the day I was ready to get back at it!!! Worked out Sun and Mon, ate clean and didnt weigh until this morning I weighed in at 202.8 up about 3 lbs or so. Success!!!! in my opinion. Have my lunch packed for the day and a date with the treadmill after work before a turkey burger and cottage cheese for dinner. I feel fantastic and feel I will be back to my 200 lb mark by next week or so. I am really getting strong in the gym and am increasing my lifting ability steadily. I limit my time to 1 hour when I geo to the gym. Been doing lower body and finishing off with cardio on one day, Upper body and abs the next, HIIt the next and 4th day off repeat. on my upper body day I am getting an hour in doing a lot of compounds with some isos to finish out the hour.
Friends I hadn't seen in a while really noticed the difference over the holidays.. I am feeling good about what I am doing even after my major binge on newyears.
Hope all is equally well with all of my fitday friends
Old 03-01-2011, 09:08 AM
FitDay Member

Well as I have been on my own for a couple months and wanted to report my progress. I am still weighing 202 lbs and going to the gym mon, we, fri doing furll body routines. I feel fantastic and think I finally might have this thing ( weight ) under control. I havent counted a calorie in a couple months and havent had hardly any flucuation in scale weight but feel I am getting more muscular and fit. I do 1 hour pretty heavy compound excercises 3 times a week. I get pretty sore the next day but seem to recover well for the next session. I eat whatever I want in a much smaller volume than before Fitday. I also realize this isnt a sprint but a lifestyle change. I still pack my lunch everyday and know what I am going to eat when I get home. I still eat Cottage cheese before bedtime and start my morning with eggwhites and a piece of dry whole wheat still eating 3 more small meales during the day. I have a cookie once in a while but try not to let myself get too hungry between eating.
I will continue to do this as long as it works and have no doubt it will work forevever.

Thanks again Fitday and good luck to all that are starting on this juourney...

BTW I have decided this is "my" Weight and I am not activly trying to lose scale weight.......
Old 03-01-2011, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the update! "See" you in a few months!
Old 03-02-2011, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator

glad to see that you are still doing well. Those full body workouts work well, don't they? I love compound lifts.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

Yes Mike they work well for what I am trying to accomplish
Below is a sample workout I am doing. I also throw in Clean and press where my shoulder workout is and do lunges when I do machine squats. I also have been changing up the ab workouts on some days. This is my base but I will substitute on some days never spending more than an hour in the gym. I usually perform the optional stuff as well and work in a couple cardios when necessary. This is my base workout that I carry with me on flash cards. I try to mix up the order of the compounds to keep my body guessing but always perform the compounds before any of the optional stuff... Works for me

Workout #1 (Day One) Exercises

Barbell Chest Press: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Pull Ups (Can be performed on a pull-up station with assist or a traditional pull-up bar): Perform as many pull-ups as you can for 3 sets.
Standing Military (Barbell or Dumbbell) Shoulder Press: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Barbell Squat: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Seated Calf Raise: 15 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Dumbbell Bicep Curls: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Tricep Bench Dips: Perform as many dips as you can for 3 sets.*
(Optional) Back Extensions: One Set of 15**
Swiss/Stability Ball Ab Crunches: 20-25***

Rest and Recover for at least 48 hours.

Workout #2 (Day Two) Exercises

Dips: Perform as many reps as possible for 3 sets*
Cable Rows: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Presses: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Barbell or Dumbbell Deadlifts: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Smith Machine Standing Calf Raises: 15 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Overhead Seated Dumbbell Tricep Press: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Back Extensions: One Set of 15**
Hanging Leg Raises/Roman Chair (Abs): Perform as many as you can for 3 sets***

Rest and Recover for at least 48 hours.

Workout #3 (Day Three) Exercises

Dumbbell Chest Press (Vary the position of the bench from flat to incline across sets): 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Bent Over Dumbbell Rows (can be performed in a Smith Machine as well): 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Upright Rows (Dumbbell or Barbell): 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Lying Leg Press: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Seated Calf Press (Performed on Leg Press Machine): 15 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Reverse Bicep Curls (Palms down): 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Lying Tricep Dumbbell Extensions (”Skullcrushers”): 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Back Extensions: One set of 15 **
V-Crunches/Jack-Knife Sit Up (Abs): Perform as many as you can for 3 sets.***
Old 03-02-2011, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

cool. Have you ever tried push ups with your hands on a swiss ball? If not, try it some time.