FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   Reached my goal weight yesterday (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/2624-reached-my-goal-weight-yesterday.html)

gallusgal 12-11-2010 12:14 AM

Reached my goal weight yesterday

Just wanted to share, I reached my goal of 130 pounds yesterday. I think the last time I was 130 was about twenty years ago. I figure I could lose another 10 for my height, but I have had several people recently congratulate me on my loss, but urging me not to lose any more.....why is that?

My plan is to continue to watch what I eat for the rest of my life, excercise daily because I enjoy it anyway, and if another 10 pounds happens to fall off in the future then it's because it's meant to, the same if it doesn't.

Anyway, well done me, and a big, encouraging, grateful, group hug to all of you here wherever you are in your journey. I am loving the recent 100+ thread, that support and encouragement is going to be so vital to those guys, I am almost envious!

I want to thank Deanna, (wherever she is) her weight loss pics and her success was such a wake up for me whem I first joined. I also want to thank Almeeker and lizzycritter, mike, efduncan and all the others who regularly post and keep these boards alive. You guys rock. (group hug) :D

04.01.2010 207 lbs UK size 20.

10.10.2010 130lbs UK size 12 (bordering on 10 depending on the style!)

Never give up, never give in, be all you can be, and more!

mecompco 12-11-2010 12:39 AM

Woo Hoo!!! Congrats to you--that is a big accomplishment! :):):)

Enjoy your "new" life to it's fullest, but don't forget the past, if you know what I mean.

If you want to lose a little more, I think I'd try to do it very gradually--perhaps more with exercise than cutting cals. Give you skin and mind a little time to catch up to the new you. Build a little muscle to give your metabolism a bump.

You lost that 70 pounds pretty quickly and as you know, they can creep back if you are not vigilant (been there, done that).

Again, congrats and thank you for your support in the 100 thread. Have a wonderful, healty weekend!

Regards,
Michael

01gt4.6 12-11-2010 02:41 AM

congrats!!! Great job!!!!!!! wooo whoooo!!!!!!!!!!!:D
I think it's pretty common for people to want you to quit losing. I was catching all kind of flack from my dad and some other a while back. I was constantly being told that I looked sick, looked like I needed to eat, had no butt, yadda yadda yadda... and I was probably 185 then.

I haven't even seen my dad in a while b/c he's such an &%@*&%@, I can only imagine what he'd say now. He's probably think I'm dieing.

canary52 12-11-2010 03:05 AM

Congratulations!!! You stuck with it and succeeded, YEAH!!! You give others hope that we can achieve our goals too.

As for people telling you to stop, it seems to me that no matter what, people always have something to say. We just have to listen to ourselves and what we feel and what we know is best and healthiest and as for the naysayers, just smile and nod, smile and nod and then do it your way!!!

Lizzycritter 12-11-2010 03:23 AM

WOOOHOOOO and congratulations :D

At this point, keep the healthy habits a habit. Eat right, exercise, and let your body settle in. You know what's right for you, stick to it!

nottango 12-11-2010 04:05 AM

You rock! Congratultions!

gallusgal 12-11-2010 07:03 AM

Thanks so much guys. I feel really good :)

Michael, I hear ya, and no way, not ever is that weight going back on. I have learned so much from my journey, and omg, some of the things I used to eat on a daily basis I couldn't even contemplate putting them in my mouth now!

Mike, your Dad sounds like my Mum, she was my harshest critic when I was heavy, now she keeps going on at me for being 'too thin'! I guess some parents are never happy :D

Canary, thank you so much! One of the main reasons I am here is to give back some of the help and encouragement I got when I first joined. Back then I didn't really believe I had it in me until I saw some of the successes here. My own loss seems paltry in comparison to some of those guys!

Lizzy, encouraging as always, I thank you from the bottom of my heart :)

nottango, I rock? I don't know about that, but I definitely don't 'roll' as much as I used to! :D

I am thinking about posting some pics, I got rid of all my fat pics, but if I can find one from the family, I will post a before and after. I also found a skirt and a pair of trousers that I was wearing at the beginning of the year, might post the old 'comedy holding up the huge pants' pics soon. (I don't even think these were my largest, they are 18's and I was a 20 at the start, but boy, they are HUGE!)

I want the newbies to know that it really is possible to achieve your goals. I want to show them, the way I was shown at the start that it really is possible to change your life.

Thank you again guys for the support. xxx

gmantych 12-11-2010 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by gallusgal (Post 28067)
Just wanted to share, I reached my goal of 130 pounds yesterday. I think the last time I was 130 was about twenty years ago. I figure I could lose another 10 for my height, but I have had several people recently congratulate me on my loss, but urging me not to lose any more.....why is that?

My plan is to continue to watch what I eat for the rest of my life, excercise daily because I enjoy it anyway, and if another 10 pounds happens to fall off in the future then it's because it's meant to, the same if it doesn't.

Anyway, well done me, and a big, encouraging, grateful, group hug to all of you here wherever you are in your journey. I am loving the recent 100+ thread, that support and encouragement is going to be so vital to those guys, I am almost envious!

I want to thank Deanna, (wherever she is) her weight loss pics and her success was such a wake up for me whem I first joined. I also want to thank Almeeker and lizzycritter, mike, efduncan and all the others who regularly post and keep these boards alive. You guys rock. (group hug) :D

04.01.2010 207 lbs UK size 20.

10.10.2010 130lbs UK size 12 (bordering on 10 depending on the style!)

Never give up, never give in, be all you can be, and more!

Congrats! You have accomplished alot in such a short time! Would you share some of your exercise and eating tips with us. I have been with FitDay since the end of September. So far I have lost 20lbs. Its coming off slowly but still right about 1.5-2lbs per week. I still considered myself pretty new to this. I am still trying to find what works for me. I always feel like I can do more. I am sure there are more people that would love to hear how you reached your goal!

Congrats again!!!!

canary52 12-11-2010 12:04 PM

Yes, Glenda, you read my mind! Give us tips! How'd you do it? I seem to be stalled.

RunbikeSki 12-11-2010 01:25 PM

Way to go!

gallusgal ,
You and I started posting at about the same time early this year - at least that is my feeble recollection. I always enjoyed your insight, humor, and humility. I certainly hope that just 'cuz you reached your goal you won't fade away. (Although it is tempting - I know I did for a couple of months).

You are an example to us all, and you should certainly post those pix!

BTW I did (and am doing) the same thing once I reached the goal: hmmmm? I wonder what losing another 10# would look like. For me it has been worth it, even though I too have gotten the "haven't you lost enough already????" comments.

Pam