Community
Notices

Reached my goal weight yesterday

Old 12-11-2010, 11:20 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats! Big high five!
Old 12-12-2010, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, thank you so much! I will be sticking around here, I am still using the site tools and love to pop over to the forums to have a wee read and see what's going on!

I never thought anyone would be asking me for tips, but Glenda, canary, here goes.

Don't 'diet'...change your approach to food and excercise. Majorly important!

Don't eat crap out of packets and boxes, eat fresh, non-processed food and be aware of your protein, carbs and fat intake. I eat lots of fish, chicken, fresh veg, fruit, an egg a day. I eat WW bread, I actually prefer it to the stodgy stuff that I used to eat. READ LABELS! Even so-called 'healthy' cereals can be full of surprises!

Drink lots of water, every single day. ALWAYS have a bottle of water with you.

Do exercise that you enjoy, and don't do so much at the start, if you overdo it you are likely to give it up.

I enjoy running now, swimming, badminton, and I am best friends with the cross trainer at the gym.

And thats it really. It's not a 'one size fits all' process, you have to find what works for you and really stick at it. If you do, after a while you adapt and start to NATURALLY make the right choices, your body enjoys the good nourishment and responds to it.

I can say with confidence that I will never got back to my old ways, when I think about the stuff I used to eat it makes me feel physically sick and is very unappealing to me.

Good luck, make your plan of what works for you and stick with it, it really isn't rocket science!
Old 12-12-2010, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default Congrats

Congrats on meeting your goal. It is nice to hear from people who have made it to the end. I am about 4lbs away from my goal and I am have been hearing comments about not losing any more weight for a month now. I am 5ft3in and 154lbs. My goal is 150 but I think I might want to lose another 10lbs. I guess like someone posted earlier if it happens it was meant to be. I am not going to obsess about another 10lbs but it would be nice. Keep sharing and if you find the pics please post them. I need a new updated pic myself and the old holding up the pants would be a classic.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Super Moderator

Congratulations, what a thrill that must be!
Old 12-13-2010, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gallusgal
Pam, thank you so much! I will be sticking around here, I am still using the site tools and love to pop over to the forums to have a wee read and see what's going on!

I never thought anyone would be asking me for tips, but Glenda, canary, here goes.

Don't 'diet'...change your approach to food and excercise. Majorly important!

Don't eat crap out of packets and boxes, eat fresh, non-processed food and be aware of your protein, carbs and fat intake. I eat lots of fish, chicken, fresh veg, fruit, an egg a day. I eat WW bread, I actually prefer it to the stodgy stuff that I used to eat. READ LABELS! Even so-called 'healthy' cereals can be full of surprises!

Drink lots of water, every single day. ALWAYS have a bottle of water with you.

Do exercise that you enjoy, and don't do so much at the start, if you overdo it you are likely to give it up.

I enjoy running now, swimming, badminton, and I am best friends with the cross trainer at the gym.

And thats it really. It's not a 'one size fits all' process, you have to find what works for you and really stick at it. If you do, after a while you adapt and start to NATURALLY make the right choices, your body enjoys the good nourishment and responds to it.

I can say with confidence that I will never got back to my old ways, when I think about the stuff I used to eat it makes me feel physically sick and is very unappealing to me.

Good luck, make your plan of what works for you and stick with it, it really isn't rocket science!
ThanK you for the advice. One question, when you were at your beginning weight of 207, how many calories did you try to aim for per day? I try to consume around 1500 but I think I should go lower.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

Glenda, I aimed very low at the start, 1000 cals. I took into account that I wasn't able to move around freely very much at that point, and the fact that actually, underneath all the blubber I was a very small person who had been eating about three times more than I needed for a very long time!

More important to me was what those calories were giving me. The food I was having had true, nutritional value and because I ate throughout the day, snacking on fruit like bananas and apples between my three main meals, I didnt really feel hungry. I broke all the rules when it came to eating times too; I work till eleven most nights, no way am I not eating after 6 or 7 o'clock.!

I kind of got shot down in flames here in the forum for being at 1000, but it was working for me and I stuck with it till I felt physically able to move myself and as I started to get serious about my exercise regime I upped my calories accordingly.

I wouldn't recommend what I did at the start to anyone else. Everyone is different and I can't really explain how, but I just knew that for me, it was right.

I can't emphasise enough how important the TYPE of food I eat is, as opposed to the number of calories. To me, that is too much like 'dieting' which is a bit of a dirty word to me now.

For example, my body always reacted badly to pasta and bread, yet at the same time, my body seemed to crave them. They made me feel bloated, sick to my stomach, and played havoc with my gutty-works, yet, I couldn't seem to get enough of them.

I had to work with my body, listen to what it was telling me. That is really the best advice that I can give. When you diet, you cheat, and the only loser is yourself.

Me and my body worked together to re-learn and undo an awful lot of bad habits over this last year. I shudder at the thought of going back to how much I was. In denial, how all the books, diets, regimes in the world were only blinkering me.

This had to come from myself. Sorry for the ramble, but you did ask!

Good luck, and do what's right for YOU, every journey is different, the start is different, but we all have it in us!
Old 01-20-2011, 08:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I love what you had to say! "This only had to come from myself." (Awesome)
And what you said about certain foods bothering you and listening to your body.
So worth it in the end.
Your happiness shines through.
A HUGE congratulations!!!! Thank you for posting this.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:14 AM
FitDay Member

What an amazing achievement! Congrats!
Old 01-28-2011, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gallusgal

I can't emphasise enough how important the TYPE of food I eat is, as opposed to the number of calories. To me, that is too much like 'dieting' which is a bit of a dirty word to me now.

For example, my body always reacted badly to pasta and bread, yet at the same time, my body seemed to crave them. They made me feel bloated, sick to my stomach, and played havoc with my gutty-works, yet, I couldn't seem to get enough of them.

I had to work with my body, listen to what it was telling me. That is really the best advice that I can give. When you diet, you cheat, and the only loser is yourself.

Good luck, and do what's right for YOU, every journey is different, the start is different, but we all have it in us!
I love love LOVE what you're saying here. Everyone is a little different. I know on the forums many people here are talking about cutting carbs to 40-45% of overall intake, but I find that if I go under 50% of total intake I start to just feel....really odd. I feel highs and lows and just start getting hungry for no particular reason at all. If I stay right about 50% I feel much more in control, so 50/30 (protein)/20 (fat) seems to work right for me (though of course, fluctuations happen).

You listened to yourself, and that's the most important person to listen to! Hearty congratulations!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 03:11 PM
FitDay Member

Good job ~!

~Misery

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.