Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated) >

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Notices

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Old 01-24-2012, 03:31 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Pam

Today's success was that I went to the cafeteria today. Usually the first thing I head for is the Healthy Choice muffin. I have no idea what's in it but I got sucked in by the title. Today I bought a banana, didn't even think about it just picked it up. It cost me $1.05 but totally worth it.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:20 AM
FitDay Member

My success today was weighing in with the weight-loss challange I am doing and losing 2 pounds for the second week in a row! I really want to get it up to 4 a week, so we will see what happens! Being in the teens means I am getting that much closer to being under 200
Old 01-25-2012, 10:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Nice zahut! 2 pounds a week is perfect and something you can maintain with a pretty strict diet. 4 lbs is pretty hard to maintain, but good luck to you!
Old 01-25-2012, 11:29 PM
FitDay Member

After being sick for 5 days, I knew I'd've dropped some weight since I'd been living on soups. I was 286# yesterday and, figuring it was the dreaded water weight, thought it would go up to 290# this morning.

Still 286# and mega happy.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

Walked into our other office yesterday morning wearing new slacks and a long heavy sweater as a jacket. Within a few minutes there was a group of about 5 girls gathered around asking how much I have lost and congratulating me. The one asked me to take the sweater off so she could see under it. LOL
Old 01-26-2012, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday was wearing a pair of jeans that are really getting baggy on me, and a black long-sleeved shirt. I didn't really notice much different, but I had four separate people ask me if I'd lost weight "again" (I've been plateau-ing/maintaining for about a month). I was blown away, and it was a good ego boost now that I'm starting again with more intent!

Obviously the shirt is a keeper
Old 01-26-2012, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

I saw someone I hadn't seen in a few months (since graduating high school) and the first thing she says is : "you look great ! you lost some weight". Felt good to see that someone noticed
Old 01-26-2012, 12:17 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone. I have been reading the recent additions to this thread and just thought I'd add some encouragement. I started this thread two years ago, 19 days into my weight loss journey.

I weighed 208 lbs or thereabouts when I started and it seemed as though I had a real mountain to climb. These little achievements helped me to keep at it in the early days. Keep at it everyone, you are all doing great. Take the little things and build on them. You can change your life, and you can maintain that change.

I lost 83 lbs and transformed my life by using the small successes as building blocks. Week on week, month on month, celebrate your little things. Good luck everyone
Old 01-27-2012, 02:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by gallusgal
Hi everyone. I have been reading the recent additions to this thread and just thought I'd add some encouragement. I started this thread two years ago, 19 days into my weight loss journey.

I weighed 208 lbs or thereabouts when I started and it seemed as though I had a real mountain to climb. These little achievements helped me to keep at it in the early days. Keep at it everyone, you are all doing great. Take the little things and build on them. You can change your life, and you can maintain that change.

I lost 83 lbs and transformed my life by using the small successes as building blocks. Week on week, month on month, celebrate your little things. Good luck everyone
WoW gallusgal,
So great to see you checking back in. Hooray for your success at maintaining your loss after 2 years. As many of us know, losing the weight is the easy part... maintaining it is a lifetime effort.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Last night there was a Chinese New Year buffet/function at the place where I work. It was also a coworker's birthday, which meant lots of leftover Chinese food plus cake and ice cream. Knowing this, I planned ahead so I wouldn't go too far over my usual calorie limit. Since it was a special occasion, I had a good time and ate plenty of Peking dumplings....

After a near sleepless night of dehydration from all the salt, plus coming down off the sugar high I got from even the tiny amount of cake and ice cream that I ate, I woke up feeling groggy and like I had some kind of food hangover. After I dragged my carcass out of bed, I immediately went for the fruit bowl and had a banana and a glass of low fat milk for breakfast, and it was amazing!

Negative consequences aside, I count this as an achievement, because it means that my body has purged itself of its desire for bad food. Even though I let go a little last night and ate more than usual, I got right back up this morning and was perfectly satisfied with (and even craving) my new, healthier food choices.

I'm finding that the mental and emotional changes that I'm noticing in myself are just as inspiring as the physical!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.