Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated) >

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Notices

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Old 08-01-2010, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

Yep...I have knees and wrists now!
Old 08-01-2010, 11:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Michellebelle_05
I didn't snack at all at work today! I know that doesn't seem like much, but this is "little accomplishments that keep up motivated" right? I work at Sonic and they have that little table full of broken up reeses, oreos, snickers, m&m's, and butterfinger, as well as the campfire blast marshmallows. It has been almost impossible to not have at least one or two pieces and I have finally turned over temptation and am so excited!
Good for you, Michelle!! I cannot even imagine trying to lose weight under those conditions! Keep up the good work!!

Old 08-05-2010, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

Those little cellulite bumps on my thighs have all but gone away, just one stubborn one left..but I'm so happy!
Old 08-06-2010, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

I LOVE reading all your success stories, their so inspiring!

I've started to notice my pants don't fit at ALL anymore. I wear a lot of dresses to avoid this awkward phase and avoid purchasing new clothes.

I decided to see how many inches I've lost since I began this journey on 3/31. I think I'm doing pretty good! I've been recording them once a month. Here's the change:

Neck: -.75
Bicep: -2.0
Forearm: -1.0
Chest: -4.5
Waist: -4.25
Hips: -5.5
Thigh: -2.5
Calf: -2.25

To me, it's a big deal...especially the waist and hip inches lost! Tonight I'm going to wear a dress I haven't been able to wear in two years. It's a size 12 from Express.... Very Exciting!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats, posters! Luckygirl, way to hammer away at that waist and hips !

I wore a bikini for the first time ever last week on our trip to the beach. Always bouncing back and forth between 10-40 pounds overweight, I was waaaay too self-conscious to even try before and had a really bad body image, probably worse than how I actually looked. So this year it was a real treat not only to lose those last pounds, but to lose the mental hangup. A relative sent me a ton of pics last night and I'm actually proud when I look at them, instead of cringing .
Old 08-07-2010, 10:59 PM
FitDay Member

Well done everyone! I am loving reading this thread. I bought my first pair of jeans in YEARS the other day. Walked into Next, picked a pair of size 14 (petite) off the rack, tried them on ( a wee bit loose around the waist, but a belt fixed that) and bought them! I felt so normal! I wore them on Friday and got called 'foxy' by a male colleague!

And just on a side note, my guy can't seem to keep his hands off me these days

Keep up the good work everyone, this thread makes me smile...you should all be very, very proud of yourselves!
Old 08-19-2010, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

I'm enjoying reading everyone's little successes, too. Way to go, people!

I noticed this morning that I'm able to squat down, with my heels on the floor, and stay that way long enough to pick up a whole bin's worth of Lego. I couldn't do that a few weeks ago because A) I wasn't flexible enough, and B) the fat around my middle got in the way so much I couldn't breathe properly.

I keep wanting to feel around my ribcage, because it's not so squashy any more. It's neat to feel how it is now. I reach back and can't grab big handfuls of flab like I could few weeks ago.

Yay!

Also, what's cool is that I'm now officially closer to "healthy weight" than to "obese". That feels good!
Old 08-19-2010, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

You are an inspiration to me - Sometimes I just don't feel like I can keep this up. Thanks for posting your success story!
Old 08-19-2010, 04:14 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Deanna0404
You are an inspiration to me - Sometimes I just don't feel like I can keep this up. Thanks for posting your success story!
Deanna,

I remember reading a few of your posts where you mention being weak or tired, or something like that. Are you getting enough sleep and enough nutrition? If either of those are lacking, it gets really difficult to keep up. When I'm sleep-deprived, (which seems to happen a lot, being a mom), my natural inclination is to start mindlessly snacking.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:14 PM
FitDay Member

Thought I would search through my first fitday posts, loved the positive feeliings after 10 pounds, hope you all do too! Ten months have just whizzed by, and I am healthier, happier, sexier, and my shape is even better than before I got fat!

HTF did that happen

Please newbies, commit and be accountable.......there really is no stopping you if you do!

Starting weight was 207, right now on 140. 67llbs and it really hasn't been that hard once I got my mind right.

Little achievements, note them, love them, acknowledge how good they make you feel.

And congratulate yourself often on your little successes. Way to go!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.