Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated) >

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Community
Notices

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Old 04-13-2011, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator

Hit 25 lbs. lost today (189.6 from a starting weight of 215.2 - so even just a smidgen more than 25!) - it's 1/3 of my total loss goal and a pretty nice milestone.

Also was a complete shock - I've been doing pretty well for the past few days, but I hadn't been expecting to see that number quite so soon! I'll take it, of course!

I am totally going to do something Michael said a long time ago...and pick up a 25 lb. bag of kitty litter and carry it around for a little bit in the grocery store. I may or may not take pictures; I'm normally very camera shy.

As a side note - isn't it amazing to watch your "spare tire" slowly shrink over those too-tight clothes you'd been squeezing into?
Old 04-13-2011, 03:00 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Terri--that's great!

Ha ha--I'd sort of forgotten about the kitty litter. You'll be like--wow! I can't imagine not that long ago I was carrying this ALL the time. I can't believe I was carrying about twice that on my at Christmas time and I felt pretty good then (not to mention the additional 5.5 of them I was carrying around 24/7 last May on top of those two ). Now to get rid of the last remaining three...

So keep it up--those remaining two kitty litters will go just as fast, I wager!

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-13-2011, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

Well done. I'm hoping to hit the 25 pound mark soon. I like using a bag of water to see what I have lost -- make sure it's a solid bag. LOL. I figure 2 cups water is about the volume of 1 pound of fat -- and weights close to the same. To celebrate 25 pounds I figure on putting 50 cups of water in a strong garbage bag and visualizing what that would look like added back onto my frame. Putting the bag in a pail makes it easier to fill for anyone who wants to try. Mary
Old 04-13-2011, 11:45 PM
FitDay Member

You are all doing so well, well done. I had a conversation at work with a young man yesterday who told me I had the figure of an eighteen year old! ( I am 51 lol) I had to smile to myself and wonder what he would have said if he had seen me 15 months ago.

Keep working at it, it really is all worth it
Old 04-15-2011, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Gallusgal, isn't that great???? Congrats on the compliment!

I checked the mirror this morning, and I have lost the muffin top. The favorite t-shirt that didn't fit a few months ago fits now. No spare tires around the middle. No double chin. Feeling terrific and strong.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:06 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Ratsmouth
Gallusgal, isn't that great???? Congrats on the compliment!

I checked the mirror this morning, and I have lost the muffin top. The favorite t-shirt that didn't fit a few months ago fits now. No spare tires around the middle. No double chin. Feeling terrific and strong.

Wow! that is so great, congrats!
Old 04-20-2011, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default Man, these sweat pants are ugly

I don't look for fashion in my gym clothes, but they used to be snug, and fit, now they are just a boulbous black blob!
Old 04-20-2011, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

LOL I was wearing the formless sweats till I treated myself to slim yoga pants and new workout tops. I hit 26 pounds lost today -- may be temporary as I have had the flu for 2 days but I'll count it! Mary
Old 04-20-2011, 10:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
I don't look for fashion in my gym clothes, but they used to be snug, and fit, now they are just a boulbous black blob!
Originally Posted by Kumochi
LOL I was wearing the formless sweats till I treated myself to slim yoga pants and new workout tops. I hit 26 pounds lost today -- may be temporary as I have had the flu for 2 days but I'll count it! Mary

Wooohooo both of you!
Now Abby time to toss thos bulbous black blobs and follow Mary's lead! Feels nice don't it!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default New Outfit

I always gravitated towards "women's", "Large", "size 16", but yesterday, I headed towards "Ladies" and tried on a 12, and it works well - I think my clothes haven't fit for a while. It's a Calvin Klein dress, grey, short sleeve with buttons down the front, and I got a little ivory half sleeve sweater to go over it. I was at Marshalls, didn't spend too much and
(to quote West Side Story) "I feel Pretty, oh so Pretty"...

Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.