FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   Goal met today very happy (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/2349-goal-met-today-very-happy.html)

justawalker 11-11-2010 01:10 AM

Goal met today very happy (added Photos)

Well fellow Fitdayers Today i hit my first big goal weight of 200 lbs and I couldnt be happier!!! It took 4 mo and 4 days of clean eating and religious excercising 5 days a week but goal met!!!! :)
I think I will celebrate with a trip to the gym and some chocolate cottage cheese.
Just to let everyone know that since i dropped the extra weight I feel much better than i did heavier. I have more energy, more confidence ar work, sleep so good it isnt even funny.
I am going to keep on a deficiet until I reach what I feel is a good weight. I feel pretty good right now but think 10 more done slowly while increasing muscle mass will be perfect.

Keep it up all> It is worth doing for you and your family. Your quality of life will improve believe me.
Take care all
Fit day is great if you work it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a side by side progress report 7/11/10 on left 11/10/10 on right

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4132/...bdaf41d2_s.jpg

rpmcduff 11-11-2010 03:06 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I get some of my best inspiration from the success of others. (Those of you lurking out there take note, you need to share your success stories too.) Keep up the good work.

01gt4.6 11-11-2010 03:35 AM

congrats on hitting your 1st big goal!!!!:D

jptfenwick 11-11-2010 03:39 AM

Congratulation, great job.

sw07 11-11-2010 03:51 AM

Congrats!

almeeker 11-11-2010 04:29 AM

Congratulations!!! Meanwhile I set here steeped in jealousy.

justawalker 11-11-2010 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 25151)
congrats on hitting your 1st big goal!!!!:D

Mike you got pretty ripped. How tall are you? What weight are you trying to maintain ?

01gt4.6 11-11-2010 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by justawalker (Post 25166)
Mike you got pretty ripped. How tall are you? What weight are you trying to maintain ?

thanks! I'm only 5'8". I'm not sure on what weight I want to be. I'd like to trim up a little more fat and gain a little more muscle so I'd probably be happy at my current weight, if I can do it. It's a hard fight now.

cjohnson728 11-11-2010 09:49 AM

Awesome job! Congrats..your hard work definitely shows a payoff :)

Lizzycritter 11-11-2010 11:57 AM

Nice abs, I'm jealous :p

yauncin 11-11-2010 11:27 PM

Congratulations!

cubbyprincess 11-12-2010 01:21 AM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! :d

justawalker 11-12-2010 02:31 AM

Thanks everyone. I am hoping to post a better picture in 4 months or so. I consider this the mid terms.:D. We gotta just keep grinding we will get there.!!

01gt4.6 11-12-2010 11:08 AM

just saw the pics, nice progress. Now you only have 1 chin!:D Your mid section is looking much much better!!!

justawalker 11-12-2010 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 25300)
just saw the pics, nice progress. Now you only have 1 chin!:D Your mid section is looking much much better!!!

Thanks Mike you inspired me to post. I am happy with the progress but I am motivated to post a killer picture in 3 or four months. I got that 200 number out of the way and now can focus on some heavier workouts. I am going to try to get my body fat lower and get more muscular. My old body has responded pretty well in a short time. I will post new pics when I get to the 3/4 mark. I dont think I have a finish line in mind because that will mean I have finished getting healthier, stronger etc. Take care all.:)

gallusgal 11-12-2010 01:17 PM

wow, well done!!!!!!!!!

01gt4.6 11-12-2010 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by justawalker (Post 25311)
Thanks Mike you inspired me to post. I am happy with the progress but I am motivated to post a killer picture in 3 or four months. I got that 200 number out of the way and now can focus on some heavier workouts. I am going to try to get my body fat lower and get more muscular. My old body has responded pretty well in a short time. I will post new pics when I get to the 3/4 mark. I dont think I have a finish line in mind because that will mean I have finished getting healthier, stronger etc. Take care all.:)

cool, I'm glad I could help. :)

I just realized that it only took you 3 months, wow! Amazing job... especially at 50!

Do you want me to do your pics in a side by side?

01gt4.6 11-12-2010 01:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here ya go.

justawalker 11-12-2010 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 25318)
here ya go.

Thanks mike I will post then that way. And thanks for the props. As you said I busted my ass. Had to almost change friends.:)

01gt4.6 11-12-2010 01:46 PM

did you have friends that weren't supporting you like they should have been?

justawalker 11-12-2010 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 25320)
did you have friends that weren't supporting you like they should have been?

Pretty much. One of my good friends even said why? You've tried before. What's the point? You are just destined to be fat. Have only seem that friend a couple times since I started. Not that good of a friend

justawalker 11-13-2010 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 25317)
cool, I'm glad I could help. :)

I just realized that it only took you 3 months, wow! Amazing job... especially at 50!

Do you want me to do your pics in a side by side?

Mike I have a question. Are you doing a split routine for you weights if so care to share what days and what muscles you work and how often? Also any supplements?

I have been boing full body workouts 3 days a week. Planning on doing this until Dec and then going on some sort of split routine for a few months lifting heavier and then see where that takes me.
Just curious how you got to the point where you are now.
Thanks in advance

BTW any other guys that might have an opinion about this that are seeing reults by all means chime in...

nottango 11-13-2010 04:26 AM

Way to go! Thanks for posting pic's - you look great! Must feel like a whole new person!

01gt4.6 11-13-2010 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by justawalker (Post 25353)
Mike I have a question. Are you doing a split routine for you weights if so care to share what days and what muscles you work and how often? Also any supplements?

I have been boing full body workouts 3 days a week. Planning on doing this until Dec and then going on some sort of split routine for a few months lifting heavier and then see where that takes me.
Just curious how you got to the point where you are now.
Thanks in advance

BTW any other guys that might have an opinion about this that are seeing reults by all means chime in...

most of my weight loss was when I was doing P90X, but then I noticed that I lost some of my chest, etc. So then I joined a gym and started doing body part splits (chest/tri's,back/bi's,legs/shoulders) 3 days a week. I like it, but I'm doing fullbody 3 days a weeks (Huge In A Hurry Amazon.com: Men's Health Huge in a Hurry: Get Bigger, Stronger, and Leaner in Record Time with the New Science of Strength Training (Men's Health (Rodale)) (9781605299341): Chad Waterbury: Books: Reviews, Prices & more) and really love it. I'm starting to see some decent gains.

almeeker 11-13-2010 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by justawalker (Post 25321)
Pretty much. One of my good friends even said why? You've tried before. What's the point? You are just destined to be fat. Have only seem that friend a couple times since I started. Not that good of a friend

Interesting that you would have this issue as a man. I've had it to some degree as a woman, but that's to be expected, women are after all very competitive in the "image" category. The most interesting thing for me is that the ultra-fit women, who never spoke to me before, all of a sudden are opening up and asking me all sorts of questions about my workouts and running shoes etc etc. Meanwhile most of my old friends are still my friends, although I know a few of them feel compelled to discuss nothing but diet and exercise around me. Eventually it will even out I'm sure.

BTW you look fantastic, and great job on getting in shape.

vabeachgirlNYC 11-13-2010 05:54 AM

Almeeker, I think some of my friends were actually glad I gained weight and when I started taking it off a few acted like I was committing a crime!:eek:

One even told me "well you're probably living off of that morning star vegetarian food so it's easy for you!" Um, yeah, ok.... She flat out refused to hear me when I told her morning star, although vegetarian, is highly processed just like most other frozen foods so I don't actually live off of it.

I live a healthy, active lifestyle for me so I don't feel the need to argue or justify what I do to people like that, I usually just turn it around on them and ask why my success bothers them so much!:D

justawalker 11-13-2010 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 25356)
most of my weight loss was when I was doing P90X, but then I noticed that I lost some of my chest, etc. So then I joined a gym and started doing body part splits (chest/tri's,back/bi's,legs/shoulders) 3 days a week. I like it, but I'm doing fullbody 3 days a weeks (Huge In A Hurry Amazon.com: Men's Health Huge in a Hurry: Get Bigger, Stronger, and Leaner in Record Time with the New Science of Strength Training (Men's Health (Rodale)) (9781605299341): Chad Waterbury: Books: Reviews, Prices & more) and really love it. I'm starting to see some decent gains.

Very cool I will have to buy the book.
BTW this is where I am getting my workout right now
Bodybuilding.com - The Full-Body Workout For Extreme Fitness! - MuscleTech

01gt4.6 11-13-2010 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by justawalker (Post 25375)
Very cool I will have to buy the book.
BTW this is where I am getting my workout right now
Bodybuilding.com - The Full-Body Workout For Extreme Fitness! - MuscleTech

that looks pretty cool but instead of doing 8 exercises, I'm doing 4, mainly compound moves like squats, deadlifts, etc.

justawalker 11-13-2010 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 25376)
that looks pretty cool but instead of doing 8 exercises, I'm doing 4, mainly compound moves like squats, deadlifts, etc.

How long do your workouts last? do you go in a circuit or finish one on to the next?Any Supplements? How much rest between sets? Lotta questions sorry.

01gt4.6 11-13-2010 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by justawalker (Post 25378)
How long do your workouts last? do you go in a circuit or finish one on to the next?Any Supplements? How much rest between sets? Lotta questions sorry.

I finish one and move on to the next. The rest depends on if it's a light, medium or heavy day. On average about a minute though. In the beginning phase, the workouts lasted 45mins tops. I'm talking in and out the gym in 45 mins. Now they last about an hr, some more, but I also do this with a friend.
As far as supplements, I probably take more than 99% of the population lol...
I take whey protein (post workout and sometimes during the day), if I need more protein I take casein at night (haven't taken that in a while b/c I get most of my protein from food). I take a daily mens vitamin, fish oil, Green Tea Pills, Glucosamine + MSM, L-Arginine (I love this one, if you've never tried Arginine, look into it), sometimes Glutamine and I just started taking Z Force (ZMA).

justawalker 11-13-2010 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 25384)
I finish one and move on to the next. The rest depends on if it's a light, medium or heavy day. On average about a minute though. In the beginning phase, the workouts lasted 45mins tops. I'm talking in and out the gym in 45 mins. Now they last about an hr, some more, but I also do this with a friend.
As far as supplements, I probably take more than 99% of the population lol...
I take whey protein (post workout and sometimes during the day), if I need more protein I take casein at night (haven't taken that in a while b/c I get most of my protein from food). I take a daily mens vitamin, fish oil, Green Tea Pills, Glucosamine + MSM, L-Arginine (I love this one, if you've never tried Arginine, look into it), sometimes Glutamine and I just started taking Z Force (ZMA).

Been thinking about the Arginine, I do the fish oil, multi vitamin, whey powder as a supplement to food, just started glutamine today,advil and ben gay most days.
Screw it it cant hurt!!

01gt4.6 11-13-2010 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by justawalker (Post 25386)
advil and ben gay most days.
Screw it it cant hurt!!

lol

almeeker 11-13-2010 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by justawalker (Post 25386)
Been thinking about the Arginine, I do the fish oil, multi vitamin, whey powder as a supplement to food, just started glutamine today,advil and ben gay most days.
Screw it it cant hurt!!

Good grief honey it all hurts, especially when it's going to rain....

justawalker 11-16-2010 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 25376)

Mike, I am buying in to the coumpound excercise principle. Makes sense...
Now how many Reps, Sets, of the 4 compoud excercise do you do each time.

I am considering this
Mon, Wed, Fri weight lift using compound movements
Tue, Thur, Sat HIIT on treadmill for say 2 mo and then see where that takes me?

Let me know your thoughts

01gt4.6 11-16-2010 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by justawalker (Post 25599)
Mike, I am buying in to the coumpound excercise principle. Makes sense...
Now how many Reps, Sets, of the 4 compoud excercise do you do each time.

I am considering this
Mon, Wed, Fri weight lift using compound movements
Tue, Thur, Sat HIIT on treadmill for say 2 mo and then see where that takes me?

Let me know your thoughts

it varies through out. Today was a heavy day, so it was 4-6 reps for 25 total. So you could do 5 sets of 5, or 6,6,5,4,4. Depending on how it all works out. The program focuses on a bunch of different factors, such as amount of rest time, which also varies. You are supposed to do the reps as fast as possible, with good form, and stop as soon as you start to slow down. So on a heavy day, I could probably do 8-10, but may stop about 6 b/c I know I'm about to slow down.

Your schedule looks good to me. I lift 3 days and do cardio/HIIT 3-4 days.

01gt4.6 11-16-2010 05:00 AM

oh... ever tried a jump rope? If not, give it a shot, you'll be shocked at the cardio workout you get!

justawalker 11-16-2010 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 25603)
oh... ever tried a jump rope? If not, give it a shot, you'll be shocked at the cardio workout you get!

Ok cool. I read the concept of the workout and will do my own variation based upon the concept as I understand it since I am too cheap to buy the book.
I see that you do a light, med, and heavy day 24-25 reps per excercise at a fast pace with good form.
Easy enough I will give it my all for a couple months and let you know how it works.

Thanks for all of the great advice. I really appreciate it.

justawalker 11-16-2010 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 25391)
Good grief honey it all hurts, especially when it's going to rain....

Oh and Almeeker you are right about the rain.

01gt4.6 11-16-2010 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by justawalker (Post 25606)
Ok cool. I read the concept of the workout and will do my own variation based upon the concept as I understand it since I am too cheap to buy the book.
I see that you do a light, med, and heavy day 24-25 reps per excercise at a fast pace with good form.
Easy enough I will give it my all for a couple months and let you know how it works.

Thanks for all of the great advice. I really appreciate it.

the heavy days are a total of 25 reps, I forgot what light and medium are.

almeeker 11-16-2010 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by justawalker (Post 25608)
Oh and Almeeker you are right about the rain.

I should have been a weather girl, I'm much more accurate then that woman they have on channel 8.