FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   I've lost 96 pounds so far thanks to FitDay. (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/171-ive-lost-96-pounds-so-far-thanks-fitday.html)

farr1022 02-03-2010 10:14 PM

AWESOME! Thanks for posting this!!!

grizzly51 02-04-2010 09:47 AM

That is wonderful! Congratulations to you and keep up the good work!

jancamp09 02-05-2010 01:30 AM

Wow! Fantastic! Running is not easy and if you started in January and are up to 3 miles with only 1 minute breaks you are doing phenominal!:)

mfagerstrom 02-05-2010 05:12 AM

Thanks guys. I've really been pushing the cardio this week and I'm hoping it'll break my plateau.

gallusgal 02-10-2010 10:20 PM

Congrats on the 100lbs! A fantastic achievement and a real milestone. You don't know how much it helps those of us at the beginning of our journey to read about your success and posting the pics really helps too. I actually weighed 100lbs when I was about 17 and a wee skinny thing,so you have lost a whole person in weight! :D

mfagerstrom 02-22-2010 03:02 PM

Thanks! That's kind of crazy to think about. Once in a while I like to put on one of my old 3x shirts, and it looks like someone could climb in there with me though. :)

Oh and a small update on my running... just a few days ago I was able to run 45 minutes without stopping to walk. Made it 4.13 miles, which is a bit under 11 minutes per mile.

almeeker 03-05-2010 01:57 PM

Congrats!!!!

Is that a dimple I see in that last skinny man shot? Wow you can't see it in any of the others. You rock dude.

Hey great job on the running, are you completely addicted or what? I've been working out 2x a week on the elliptical now for a couple of years, so for Christmas my husband and I bought one for each other and parked it in the dining room. Anyway I've been running (or whatever it is) on it everyday as opposed to a couple times a week. The last few weeks I've been going 45-46 minutes full out. Anyway the husband saw me on it and looked at the control panel and basically said that it must be a piece of crap because there was no way that I could run a 7 1/2 minute mile. Well guess what? The treads at the gym all say the same thing. Uh? Wonder why that is? I'm starting to smell a bit of a challenge here aren't you? I'm looking to do my first 5K in June. Good luck in your weight loss journey and on your upcoming race.

mfagerstrom 03-07-2010 07:14 AM

hah, thanks. I wouldn't consider myself skinny, but I'll get there eventually. :)

And yeah, I am hooked on running. I'm loving it - the feeling of being able to do something I wouldn't have been able to fathom doing in the past is amazing. Your 7:30 mile is impressive! I've been working on my pace, and I set a new PR last night for 5k - 29:43, which worked out to an average of 9:33/mi.

coianan 03-07-2010 12:43 PM

Inspiration!

Thanks for this post! You are truly an inspiration. I need only to drop 30 lbs, and I cannot seem to get motivated. This has helped me tremendously!:)

01gt4.6 03-07-2010 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by mfagerstrom (Post 4152)

Oh and a small update on my running... just a few days ago I was able to run 45 minutes without stopping to walk. Made it 4.13 miles, which is a bit under 11 minutes per mile.

I envy you!