Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
I lost 160lbs, only 25 more to go! >

I lost 160lbs, only 25 more to go!

Community
Notices

I lost 160lbs, only 25 more to go!

Old 04-20-2010, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

I am now down to 169. Why in the world are the last few pounds so hard to lose? I wanted to be at 160 by May 1st but I only have 10 days left to reach it. I don't see that happening but I am sure going to keep on trying. Even if it takes another month to reach my goal- what the hell. After 1 year and 4 months what is another month?

I have seen drastic changes lately in how my clothes fit. I am now in a size 10. It seems that I pretty much just skipped from 14 to 10. I only wore a 12 for a couple of months. I guess I should focus on that more than my actual weight.

I have been reflecting over the past couple of days. I went out for brunch on Sunday morning with my family to an all you can eat buffet place. I ate salad, chicken and fruit. As I was sitting there watching people walk by with their plates heaping to the point of food falling off- my mind was trying to calculate just how many calories were on their plates! Hopefully I am finally to the point that I would never be able to go back to eating like that because it honestly disgusted me. For the few minutes of satisfaction those people were enjoying, it will take days if not weeks to work it off. To me, it just isn't worth it!

Here are a couple of new pictures. Sorry if they are huge but I am not sure how to resize them. I have now lost 176 pounds-

Last edited by showmenow; 04-20-2010 at 12:29 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

congratulations! you look fantastic! your hard work is really paying off. thanks for inspiring me!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:48 PM
FitDay Member

WOW!!! that's amazing!! way to go!!
Old 04-21-2010, 11:24 AM
FitDay Member

Smile great job!

Deanna,

Keep up the good work..only 25 more to go! you can do it. it is aspiring me to keep this going. i just started tracking my food and doing fitday and it is a awesome thing. I hope i can acheive a percentage you have already.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:27 PM
FitDay Member

You have done an outstanding job and are sure to inspire many people! Woo Hoo!!! Well done!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by showmenow
...I eat 1000 calories a day and never more than 6 or 8 grams of fat.

...I believe it is ALL in the fat and not so much the calories. I think my theory has proved true (for me anyway) since I have lost so much weight but cutting out the fat.

Deanna
Hi Deanna, I just read all of your post on your sucessful weight loss. First of all Congratulations!! I have to agree with you on cutting down on the fat grams. When I counted calories in the past I would lose some weight but it really seems to come off when I limit my fat grams.

Keep up the good work!!
Old 04-25-2010, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default hello

hi! First of all congratulations!!!! That is awesome! I am curious though...how tall are you? A size 10 is pretty small. I'm 5 foot 5 inches and wouldn't fit in a 10 unless I was at least under 140 pounds... I wonder if they changed the sizes again!
Old 04-27-2010, 05:21 PM
FitDay Member

Deanna,

I would like to say that your weight loss is amazing! So is your attitude. I congradulate you in a job well done. You look awesome! I only have to lose 31 lbs (not as much as you lost) and I'm extremely inspired. I talked my mom into joining fitday and I will make sure she reads this particular forum because she has to lose over 100 lbs. I especially want her to be motivated and inspired since she's developed type 2 diabetes.

Once again, congratulations.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by skykeylargo
hi! First of all congratulations!!!! That is awesome! I am curious though...how tall are you? A size 10 is pretty small. I'm 5 foot 5 inches and wouldn't fit in a 10 unless I was at least under 140 pounds... I wonder if they changed the sizes again!
I am 5'9".
Old 04-28-2010, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by vickytoria3112
Deanna,

I would like to say that your weight loss is amazing! So is your attitude. I congradulate you in a job well done. You look awesome! I only have to lose 31 lbs (not as much as you lost) and I'm extremely inspired. I talked my mom into joining fitday and I will make sure she reads this particular forum because she has to lose over 100 lbs. I especially want her to be motivated and inspired since she's developed type 2 diabetes.

Once again, congratulations.

Thank you! I wish you and your mom the best. I truly believe that it is a lifestyle change. Some of the things I used to eat I cannot even imagine eating now. I have said it before but the few minutes of enjoyment just aren't worth the pounds and that thought is always in the back of my mind.

Deanna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.