FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   I lost 160lbs, only 25 more to go! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/156-i-lost-160lbs-only-25-more-go.html)

JessicaSanchez 01-17-2010 06:34 AM

This is so inspirational! Today is my second day of diet modification and exercise... long way to go to change my mind and spirit but your entry is getting me in the right mind set.

nursenicki72 01-18-2010 07:55 AM

Congrats to you on your amazing weight loss. I just started my fitday account today and looking fwd to meeting my weight loss goals too. Good luck to everyone!

doggiesnot 01-19-2010 05:20 AM

Deanna,

Your transformation is remarkable! You have lots to be proud of, most importantly, for taking control of your health. My fiance and I are just starting (12/30/09), and hope to have a similar story to yours!

Keep up the good work!

cccummins 01-26-2010 07:06 AM

What a sucess story!! last summer I thought I would be hitting my goal weight in January2010. Instead I "fell off the wagon" gained back the 50+ lbs I had lost and added a couple more. You are a role model to people like me. I am starting again and this is day 2 on FITDAY . I can't wait to hear when you lose that last 25. next january I want to have a post just liked yours !

showmenow 01-26-2010 03:13 PM

cccumins- Thank you so much for the well wishes and good luck to you also. You sound so motivated I know you will do well!

As of last Friday I have lost another 2- so only 23 more to go!

Deanna

foodfrenzied 02-07-2010 11:40 AM

Deanna,
This is amazing. I cannot believe these great results after only 1 year! I mean, I don't know about you, but it took me at least a good 10 years to become overweight. Not a bad deal if it only takes a year to go back to normal! ha ha ha

Do you find you've changed a lot on the inside as a result of the changes in your appearance? Maybe this is a dumb question or even too personal, but I keep trying to imagine myself skinny - what will I be like? Will I still be the same person if everyone treats me differently? I feel like everyone will probably treat me differently.

01gt4.6 02-08-2010 09:05 AM

Deanna,

that's is truly an amazing job! Congratulations, I'm sure you'll reach your goal before long.

staceyalberta 02-08-2010 02:15 PM

woo hoo way to go for you!!! :D

showmenow 02-12-2010 12:32 AM

I am now down to 177- only 17 more pounds to reach my goal of 160. Only 4 more pounds and I will be half the person I was when I started at 345.

showmenow 02-12-2010 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by foodfrenzied (Post 2838)
Deanna,
This is amazing. I cannot believe these great results after only 1 year! I mean, I don't know about you, but it took me at least a good 10 years to become overweight. Not a bad deal if it only takes a year to go back to normal! ha ha ha

Do you find you've changed a lot on the inside as a result of the changes in your appearance? Maybe this is a dumb question or even too personal, but I keep trying to imagine myself skinny - what will I be like? Will I still be the same person if everyone treats me differently? I feel like everyone will probably treat me differently.

I don't think I have changed much. I don't find that anyone treats me differently so that tells me I am the same old Deanna! I honestly don't even see my body much differently. This may sound weird but my mind cannot wrap itself around the fact that I am much thinnier than I used to be. For instance- I had 2 shirts that my sister had given me that I pulled out of the closet the other day. I asked my daughter which one I should wear. She told me neither- they were both too big. I laughed and told her I doubted if I could even fit into either one as they looked too small. I tried them both on and they were HUGE which was a shock to me. So my mind still does not see my body as it is. I always wondered how people with anorexia couldn't see how skinny they were. Although I am far from being skinny and anorexic- I guess I know now to some extent why they can't see themselves for what they are.

Deanna