24 lbs till Christmas! story and exercise tips >

24 lbs till Christmas! story and exercise tips

Community
Notices

24 lbs till Christmas! story and exercise tips

Old 12-23-2016, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

Angry 24 lbs till Christmas! story and exercise tips

I am trying to lose weight for Christmas.
My family (M&F, 1S, 1B) and I came together and really began to look at each other. We didn't go as deep as to get old pictures to compare our heydays but we noticed that neither of us were great in the fitness world.

The Day was October 14 and for most of us the target weight loss was 20 to 25 lbs and the deadline is Dec 31. This story won't include my family's story but mine is here for your eyes to read.

I don't log in my food, ever, until now. It takes so much time to log every new thing I want shoved into my mouth. FitDay has some food choises to make it easier, but I only use their nutrition guides as the last choice. On to the story, I weighed in at 214 at 5'8", I was overweight, more like OBESE.

My first thought was I need weights to lose weight. So I bought 2 dumbells, 40 lbs, for $30 from DICKS. I liked doing bicep curls and tricep extentions and really likes side and front lateral raises. I was still gaining weight and my upper body was bigger than my lower.

To make things a bit more even I bought a 300lb olympic weight with bar set from Amazon. I did mostly different variations of deadlifts and fireman walks. I noticed I was drenched with sweat and breathing heavily after every workout.

I then bought a stationary bike from Sears for like $200 to involve some cardio before I hit the weights.

Okay so with all that equipment, I do what I can to get a sufficient workout load a day.

Nothing wrong with stuffing your face, but I tried to clean my meals up a bit. My first joy with new food was low fat Greek yogurt (purple), from WalMart with Nature Valleys Oats, also from WalMart. That was my breakfast for like 3 trips to WalMart, until I fell for the Protein Shake.

The shake includes 2 cups of Ice, 1 cup of regular Milk, 10 Pistachios, 12 almonds, a 4.5 oz banana, 1/4 cup Quaker Oats, 1 or 2 dates, scoop of Protein 100% Whey.

That's a huge breakfast close to 1000 calories! I chugged that down for a month. My second meal was tough to log because it would be Posole, Tostadas, Tacos, or other Mexican foods. .

I'm at 200.2 lbs with 8 days to go. I am going to hit that mark.

Feel free to ask questions about the story, I'll share what I didn't put down: low points, high points, bending points....

***The success wasn't so much a success in the end; it failed miserably. I reached steady weight of 200. The need to lose weight is still here, and I've made a new goal of 175 for March 20, 2017.

Last edited by serg05; 01-03-2017 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Update on story
Old 01-14-2017, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Serge, well you did not gain any weight, and you are still here and still setting goals, so that isn't a failure. Good luck and and keep trying cause it's worth it.

I'm up one pound this week to 40 lbs left to lose.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Don't give up. You can do it!!
Old 07-13-2018, 06:19 PM
FitDay Member

Concentration or Meditation is the process of focusing your mind on a singular object. To achieve concentration power we have to keep our body in an attention position for a period of time. So here we will discuss those yoga asanas which increase your concentration power and also calms your mind. This is the basic steps to start any yoga session. Yoga has lots of health benefits if we do without stress or with a calm mind.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:47 PM
Banned

Don't give up.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Keep going. You've got this.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:35 PM
FitDay Member

Awesome!
Old 01-15-2019, 07:50 PM
FitDay Member

Have you tried fast weight loss "military diet"?