Notices

Work in progress

Old 07-05-2010, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default Work in progress

I've been a member and lurker of fitaday for a few months now, I'm not big on bragging or posting stuff about myself on forums but I'm starting to feel a sense of pride at what I have accomplished so far.

I started in January this year as a 314 lb 40 y/o male who smoked 40 cigarettes and easily ate a 16" pizza all to myself

A condensed version is I quit smoking, started a crazy green smoothie diet (500 Cal a day) Started exercising and then burnt out, zero energy, I had lost 88 lbs and felt "good" but I was exhausted. I was working out everyday for 60 minutes, 30 cardio and 30 strength but I just had no energy. I researched all I could and decided that diet I was on did not give me what I needed to live on and so began the education of a healthy lifestyle.

I read everything I could find, joined Fitaday and started to log my food and exercise. learned and read a lot more. I stopped being on a diet because a diet is something you do for a while to reach a goal but I am changing my lifestyle and eating habits or hte rest of my life so I don't consider what I do now a diet. I gain 25 lb when I started eating normal food again but I was able to train everyday again. Over the next couple of months my weight cycled up and down between 235-250 lb never staying constant, due to the craziness I had subjected my body too.

Today I woke up and weighed myself to see the glorious 230 lb which puts my weight loss at 84lb. I am happy and healthly working out 120 minutes a day and eating more food that I did at the start of this year

Just want to add props to fitday.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

Wow! Congratulations on quitting smoking and reaching such amazing fitness and nutrition goals. Your story is very inspiring! Great job!
Old 07-06-2010, 02:07 PM
FitDay Member

Nice job and keep it up
Old 07-07-2010, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

That's wonderful! I agree with you on changing from a diet mentality to working toward a healthy lifestyle. That distinction was important for me too. Keep it up and congratulations on your hard work!
Old 07-07-2010, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations and welcome to the healthy lifestyle!!