FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   I lost 50 lbs in 12 months – here's my story (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/14240-i-lost-50-lbs-12-months-%96-heres-my-story.html)

JenCpijanac 08-01-2016 08:12 AM

I lost 50 lbs in 12 months – here's my story

Hello everyone, I hope you’re doing OK. This is my first post here and I thought it would be appropriate to share my story with you, for a start. I’m happy I came across this community because it’s always great to meet like-minded people or, to be precise, people who are battling the same issues you’re battling yourself.

For a start, here’s a little about me. I’m from The Land Down Under (Australia) and I’ve had issues with excessive weight since my late teens.

I know, most of you must be thinking “Well, at least you’re fortunate enough to know what it’s like not to be FAT”. I disagree. Actually knowing that I used to be “normal” for most of my life is what made me even more depressed.

I was a normal, happy child. In high school, I was considered “popular” (such a disgusting term, I know). I was into sports, primarily volleyball and a great student. I lead a normal, happy life and thought nothing would ever change.

Fast forward a few years – I’m 60 lbs heavier. Seriously. 60. How the hell did that happen?

When I look back at it now, I was setting an elaborate trap for myself and it’s no wonder I got so fat. Stress, combined with lack of exercise (I went from playing sports each day for a few hours and generally leading a pretty active lifestyle, to barely moving at all: home-car-uni-job-car-home lol) and comfort eating (ended a 3 year old relationship with my high school sweetheart) is a recipe for disaster.

I hit the rock bottom when I tried to kill myself. Yes, it got so bad that I actually considered the possibility of ending my life. Honestly though, If I really wanted to go through with it, I would. It was probably just a cry for help but there was no one there to hear me crying. I was all alone, devastated and, to put it bluntly, fat as a whale.

It’s been 12 months since that day and I’m 50 lbs lighter.

Things fell into place when I read this: “Look in the mirror. You are now looking at the person responsible for your happiness.” It wasn’t the stress, it wasn’t the food, it wasn’t my relationship ending – it was me. It was all my fault. I was weak and I needed to find a way to be strong again. I needed to find a way to become the person I’ve always wanted to be and the person I used to be.

I changed my diet, started taking weight loss supplements and started exercising fanatically on a daily basis.

Here’s what it all comes down to, in my opinion:

Eat breakfast as often as possible – This has been such a crucial factor in my weight loss because it kept me from being hungry and tired later in the day.

Try to do some kind of exercise every day – I started by walking during my lunch break for an hour, and that really helped me get the ball rolling on being active later in the day. It just became a habit that I liked to keep up.

Be patient with your weight loss – I would have weeks where I wouldn’t eat as well as I could have and sometimes would gain a little bit of weight—but I knew that I could get back on track. That helped me not give up hope and stick with my new lifestyle.

Here are some resources that might be useful to you if you’re thinking on embarking on this journey:

links removed

If my post motivates at least one person here, I’ll be happy. Whatever it is that you’re going through, there is always a way out. Never give up. You can turn your life around, just like I did and just like thousands of people did.

Good luck!

ThomasChristy 06-07-2017 10:37 PM

Breakfast is your most important meal of the day, also I don't eat after five, it's better to eat little and often but not after five!

nirmalkant 09-19-2017 05:24 AM

That's truly amazing. Great.

abhaykumar 02-04-2018 08:16 PM

Woww, Great
Thanks for sharing

1topher 03-09-2018 09:41 PM

Really nice!

mickeyarther 03-10-2018 09:48 PM

Nice story so far. Thank you so much.

panchkarma27 06-06-2018 05:41 PM

Losing 50 pounds is going to take time. It’s not going to take 1 month, 2 months, or even 5 months. If you’re not OK with that, then you should go ahead and stop reading now, and continue doing what never works for you. However, if you’re ready to change your life, I’m about to show you the basis of what needs to be done to accomplish that lofty but reachable goal.

tomsterling 06-07-2018 05:48 PM

Congrats Bro.

crystawaston332 08-06-2018 12:50 AM

You have done great efforts to reduce your weight & I feel very motivated after reading your story.

chuhong11 08-29-2018 03:48 PM

That's great