FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   I am a newbee (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/1368-i-am-newbee.html)

71simcoestreet 06-19-2010 01:16 PM

I am a newbee

I have just finished a cruise and gained 10 lbs , I went from 190 to 200 lbs
My goal weight is 165 lbs by Dec 01, 2010, started only 4 days ago.

I have never dieted before will like to lose these pounds, if anyone on the forum could give me some advise, this will be great...Food..Exercise ...Diet

Thanks Harold

rpmcduff 06-19-2010 06:50 PM

So first you need a plan. 35 lbs. in 5 months and 1 week or about 22 weeks. That will be 1.59 pounds per week. This means you will need a average daily calorie deficit of 795 calories. That means you need to burn (through exercise) or reduce your intake (eating less) by a total of 795 calories a day

A few suggestions:
Stop drinking your calories. Cut out soda, alcohol and beer.
Increase your protein intake to 30% or .5g to 1g per pound of lean body weight per day.
Find a excercise plan that works for you.

jezza71 07-01-2010 01:35 PM

Making changes

Its realistic to lose up to 2 lb a week so your timeline is manageable. I would suggest thinking of joining Fitday more as a Lifestyle Plan, to help looking at your food intake and your activities to help in losing the pounds.

Thinking of Fitday as a diet is not the way to go to lose and maintain weight, thats the reason there is a global industry catering for people on the weight loss and on treadmill. I've found Fitday is helpful in enabling me to make better choices about my food and drink choices so when my weight goes up a notch I can look back and realize why it went up but principally DOWN!

For me, I've found making soup is a big help, its hearty healthy and not full of sodium, the bane of any weight loss plan. Home made soup is quick easy, and can easily be stored in the freezer for that time when your rushing in for food and out.

Hope this helps

J

rawnoyz 07-14-2010 05:40 AM

Im also a newbie!

I was just doing some research on dieting and the "how-to's" and came accross this fitday that just seems so perfect. I was also contemplating Jenny Craig or Nutrisystem, but I knew their system was all about calorie intake and balanced diets, but way overcharged on food.

Anyway in 2007, after avoiding the weighing scale for so long, I finally did with some buddies at the gym and it read 295lbs. I was in shock because I knew I was heavy, but didn't think I was THAT heavy. I went on a diet and played a lot more basketball when I found out my weight. I lost about 60 lbs in about 6-8 months time. I wasnt really keeping track, it was just a complete change of lifestyle, but I plateued and just couldnt get past 230lbs.

My wifey got pregnant in 08 and I just kinda let it go a bit. After my daughter was born, I completely let it go. Im went back to 270lbs but I fluctuate at around 265lbs!!!

My stats are pretty identical to Ron's:

First, my name is RON
Height: 5'11
Weight: 265
Goal: 200lbs (first goal is 230)

Currently I'm eating about 1500 calories a day and I'm trying to get a high protein and fiber diet. I play basketball about twice a week, but I sit at a desk all day.

Any suggestions guys?:)