Notices

My "One Year" Mark!

Old 06-11-2010, 04:33 PM
FitDay Member

Default My "One Year" Mark!

I don''t know exact date I started but I know it was early June last year so I decided June 5th was my "One Year" mark. Not quite a 6-pack yet but working on it Thanks to my parents for letting me use their treadmill and my family & friends for the encouragement along the way. Thank you!!!

Main motivation for this was the previous year I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and started using a CPAP machine to sleep.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:08 PM
FitDay Member

The same thing happening to me was my wake up call. It really hit home when I saw myself in that mask and realized I have gotten fat enough to need a CPAP from obstructive sleep apnea. I felt like a big fat elephant. Keep going you are doing great!
Old 06-12-2010, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

you look fantastic! I would consider that a six pack!
Old 06-12-2010, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

That is amazing! Congrats!
Old 06-12-2010, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome, way to go!!! That is where i am going...

What height are you?
Old 06-12-2010, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by waynegretzky
What height are you?
5.10" ish

I just starting using fitday last month and it is very helpful. Makes it fun to fine tune the diet to reach my next goal to be under 10% BF and show the 6-pack. Wish I would have found it sooner.

Last edited by rommel77; 06-12-2010 at 04:03 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Great stuff, i am 5'9" and 170 is the max for my BMI so actually i should at least go all the way to 165 i am thinking. Yeah i find Fitday invaluable for all the info!
Old 06-13-2010, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default Sleep Apnea

Congrats on sticking with it for a whole year, AND for the results! I have sleep apnea too. Have you done followup sleep studies as you've lost the weight and lower the amount of air pressure at any particular milestone changes? Are you still using CPAP now?
Old 06-13-2010, 05:22 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by alice6065
Congrats on sticking with it for a whole year, AND for the results! I have sleep apnea too. Have you done followup sleep studies as you've lost the weight and lower the amount of air pressure at any particular milestone changes? Are you still using CPAP now?

Thank you! I have not done a follow-up yet because can't afford it even with insurance at the moment. I had been off of it for almost a month but was having trouble just getting to sleep but was sleeping ok once I got to sleep. I have been using it the past couple of nights which helps me get to sleep quicker. I think it will be similar to weening a child off using a bottle, its a comfort level.

How long have you been dealing with your sleep apnea?
Old 06-13-2010, 10:27 PM
FitDay Member

That is sooo awesome!!! Very happy for you. I'm cracking up because you don't look like you anymore, you sort of look like your skinny kid brother... Good luck on weaning off the CPAP machine, my BIL is trying to get off his too, but he needs to lose quite a bit more still.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.