FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   Reactions From Friends & Family To Your Weight Loss (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/12784-reactions-friends-family-your-weight-loss.html)

nikkifanatic 09-26-2015 03:48 PM

Reactions From Friends & Family To Your Weight Loss

Hi Everyone,

Just curious what kind of reactions you've received from friends and family after losing your weight (especially those who have lost a lot).

I'm extremely heavy and have a lot of weight to lose but I've lost over 70 lbs so far and still have over 100 to lose. Most of the reactions I've gotten have been really positive from people. I hate to put so much weight (no pun intended) on what other people think but the compliments are really motivating.

However, a couple of acquaintances have been just downright rude and hurtful. One told me I looked better heavier because the fat fills out wrinkles and another told me that I'll probably look worse at my goal weight because I'll have sagging skin.

I was just curious as to what were some of the best and worst reactions that you've received from: friends/family/acquaintances .

Kathy13118 09-26-2015 10:05 PM

Those rude remarks are fueled by envy.

I have been losing weight slowly. So far, there have been no negative remarks. Or remarks of any kind!

Congratulations on your weight loss! I would love to have lost 70 lbs.!

nikkifanatic 09-27-2015 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Kathy13118 (Post 117810)
Those rude remarks are fueled by envy.

I have been losing weight slowly. So far, there have been no negative remarks. Or remarks of any kind!

Congratulations on your weight loss! I would love to have lost 70 lbs.!

Thank you Kathy. I'm not sure what those people are envious of. They are thin themselves. Maybe it's just a matter of them never having a weight problem and being clueless about how to respond.

Slow and steady is the way to go. You keep doing what you're doing. It all adds up over time. Plus... it's not like any of us will be able to eat whatever we want even at goal so I try to look at this new eating pattern as one I'll have to do for life.

Good luck to you as well.

[email protected] 03-11-2016 03:53 AM

You have to lose A LOT before anyone notices. At least in my case. What was irritating was everyone suddenly being really interested and having opinions about specifically how you should go about it. What foods you should and shouldn't eat, how many calories, etc etc. 95% BS.

EmmaHolden1 03-15-2016 06:31 AM

Weight Loss Programs Near Me

I have been losing weight.there have been no negative remarks. Or remarks of any kind..!Congratulations on your weight loss! I would love to have lost 65 lbs.!

heliosmusic 07-19-2016 10:45 PM

It was different. Family was shocked, friends not so much. When I gained extra pounds my family was telling me: "You need to design your own gymnastics leotards and stop torturing yourself with diets", I'm a gymnast so they were worried, but friends were on my side

ThomasChristy 06-07-2017 10:39 PM

I have lost substantial weight too, and the family are great with their support, just one day at a time, and you'll get there, good luck and congrats.

gefnh20plus 01-14-2018 10:30 PM

Hello,very Nice And unique article You Wroted here ..very Interesting to share with my friends..