getting self motivation

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

getting self motivation

Old 01-07-2015, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

Post getting self motivation

last year my family moved in with my aunt while my mom was looking for a rental home. i was always the one to indulge on sugar and sweets yet i would always complain about my weight. noticing that my aunt, who has a very healthy life style, was even in better shape then me and i was younger and should have had the better metabolism. I got very uncomfortable and depressed about my weight (145 and 5'7) my family was not helpful at all with my motivation. They always told me i was "a normal chunky weight" and that i wasn't fat. it really frustrated me. I needed to understand that i cant rely only on others. this is something i have to decide for myself. So i planned to loose weight. having my aunt around was a very successful motivation and by the next time i looked on the scale I was 125.
Being so happy i thought, i could loose more. but i was racing for results and did the wrong thing and went on a water diet which lead me to an unhealthy weight of 120 lbs. i looked at the scale constantly and would freak out every time i saw that number go up. So i got into running. not much just slow jogs. i eventually earned my way up to 8 miles at least once a week.
Eventually that summer we moved into our own home. I was so scared that i would gain all of my weight back again and be the fat lazy glob i was. I kept up with my running, but ever so slowly my eating habits got worse with binge eating. eventually i was eating junk almost everyday and even started to get out of my exercise routines. Getting sick was almost a monthly thing for me. I felt disgusting not energetic and was even more grumpy. i looked at the scale and started to cry. I was 136 lbs, almost back to my original weight. That's when i realized that i need to really change my life and not just "go on a diet." I want my results to be permanent by doing it the HEALTHY way, not there then and gone.
While reading online tips on maintain/loosing weight i found Fit Day. Thinking it was just another tip web sight i realized that there were actual people going through the same problems iv gone through. And that this time is not a maybe or a someday, but an i will do this, i will change my life forever went through my head. YES even loosing 10 pounds will be hard alone, YES i will accomplish it and YES i will maintain my goals! Please wish me luck i'm going to try so hard to achieve my goals. I will become a success story!
MainlyMotivate likes this.

Last edited by BrananaPeel; 01-07-2015 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator

BrananaPeel, you already are a success story, so relax! Your weight and height, even on the high end of what you've recorded for weight, give a BMI that has always fallen in the normal range. When you are 125, you are at the bottom of that normal range.

I am shorter than you and so when I was those weights, I was fine. That's why I calculated your BMI. It's great to feel comfortable at a certain weight, but believe me, you are fine at all the weights you mention - not overweight at all.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:27 PM
FitDay Member

Yep I agree, you are in a healthy weight zone. At 5'7, 145 lbs looks fantastic. Perhaps if you are unhappy with your body, shift your focus from weight loss/the # on the scale, to toning and strengthening and becoming more fit. Your weight is fine... a little self love is in order, though
Old 04-29-2015, 06:26 PM
FitDay Member

you have great motivational story. I am very stressed person. I take tension of very little things. Your story touches my heart. I think I have to take inspiration from you.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Great thoughts that you have, I also get motivated after reading your post, Since tow day am searching for good quality asics shoes for running, recently I have read runninginfoguide.com/asics-gt-2000-review and found its very impressive, I think to buy it..what do you think?

Last edited by Kathy13118; 06-01-2015 at 03:48 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 06-07-2015, 02:48 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by BrananaPeel
last year my family moved in with my aunt while my mom was looking for a rental home. i was always the one to indulge on sugar and sweets yet i would always complain about my weight. noticing that my aunt, who has a very healthy life style, was even in better shape then me and i was younger and should have had the better metabolism. I got very uncomfortable and depressed about my weight (145 and 5'7) my family was not helpful at all with my motivation. They always told me i was "a normal chunky weight" and that i wasn't fat. it really frustrated me. I needed to understand that i cant rely only on others. this is something i have to decide for myself. So i planned to loose weight. having my aunt around was a very successful motivation and by the next time i looked on the scale I was 125.
Being so happy i thought, i could loose more. but i was racing for results and did the wrong thing and went on a water diet which lead me to an unhealthy weight of 120 lbs. i looked at the scale constantly and would freak out every time i saw that number go up. So i got into running. not much just slow jogs. i eventually earned my way up to 8 miles at least once a week.
Eventually that summer we moved into our own home. I was so scared that i would gain all of my weight back again and be the fat lazy glob i was. I kept up with my running, but ever so slowly my eating habits got worse with binge eating. eventually i was eating junk almost everyday and even started to get out of my exercise routines. Getting sick was almost a monthly thing for me. I felt disgusting not energetic and was even more grumpy. i looked at the scale and started to cry. I was 136 lbs, almost back to my original weight. That's when i realized that i need to really change my life and not just "go on a diet." I want my results to be permanent by doing it the HEALTHY way, not there then and gone.
While reading online tips on maintain/loosing weight i found Fit Day. Thinking it was just another tip web sight i realized that there were actual people going through the same problems iv gone through. And that this time is not a maybe or a someday, but an i will do this, i will change my life forever went through my head. YES even loosing 10 pounds will be hard alone, YES i will accomplish it and YES i will maintain my goals! Please wish me luck i'm going to try so hard to achieve my goals. I will become a success story!
get a motivation is so important for one wants to lose weight . i think it is the reason why i did not good .but today i got one . so happy . tomorrow will be my fast day . thank you all
Old 02-08-2017, 11:46 PM
FitDay Member

Wonderful motivation. I agree with you..

Andrew Buston
Travel Expert

Last edited by Kathy13118; 02-08-2017 at 11:52 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 06-02-2017, 06:51 PM
FitDay Member

Great and nice motivational story.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:13 PM
FitDay Member

Great motivational story.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:16 PM
FitDay Member

I liked your story. Self confidence and self motivation is must is life. 0
MainlyMotivate likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.