FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   getting self motivation (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/11678-getting-self-motivation.html)

BrananaPeel 01-07-2015 08:39 AM

getting self motivation

last year my family moved in with my aunt while my mom was looking for a rental home. i was always the one to indulge on sugar and sweets yet i would always complain about my weight. noticing that my aunt, who has a very healthy life style, was even in better shape then me and i was younger and should have had the better metabolism. I got very uncomfortable and depressed about my weight (145 and 5'7) my family was not helpful at all with my motivation. They always told me i was "a normal chunky weight" and that i wasn't fat. it really frustrated me. I needed to understand that i cant rely only on others. this is something i have to decide for myself. So i planned to loose weight. having my aunt around was a very successful motivation and by the next time i looked on the scale I was 125.
Being so happy i thought, i could loose more. but i was racing for results and did the wrong thing and went on a water diet which lead me to an unhealthy weight of 120 lbs. i looked at the scale constantly and would freak out every time i saw that number go up. So i got into running. not much just slow jogs. i eventually earned my way up to 8 miles at least once a week.
Eventually that summer we moved into our own home. I was so scared that i would gain all of my weight back again and be the fat lazy glob i was. I kept up with my running, but ever so slowly my eating habits got worse with binge eating. eventually i was eating junk almost everyday and even started to get out of my exercise routines. Getting sick was almost a monthly thing for me. I felt disgusting not energetic and was even more grumpy. i looked at the scale and started to cry. I was 136 lbs, almost back to my original weight. That's when i realized that i need to really change my life and not just "go on a diet." I want my results to be permanent by doing it the HEALTHY way, not there then and gone.
While reading online tips on maintain/loosing weight i found Fit Day. Thinking it was just another tip web sight i realized that there were actual people going through the same problems iv gone through. And that this time is not a maybe or a someday, but an i will do this, i will change my life forever went through my head. YES even loosing 10 pounds will be hard alone, YES i will accomplish it and YES i will maintain my goals! Please wish me luck i'm going to try so hard to achieve my goals. I will become a success story!

Kathy13118 01-08-2015 01:51 AM

BrananaPeel, you already are a success story, so relax! Your weight and height, even on the high end of what you've recorded for weight, give a BMI that has always fallen in the normal range. When you are 125, you are at the bottom of that normal range.

I am shorter than you and so when I was those weights, I was fine. That's why I calculated your BMI. It's great to feel comfortable at a certain weight, but believe me, you are fine at all the weights you mention - not overweight at all.

paisleyjane 01-28-2015 12:27 PM

Yep I agree, you are in a healthy weight zone. At 5'7, 145 lbs looks fantastic. Perhaps if you are unhappy with your body, shift your focus from weight loss/the # on the scale, to toning and strengthening and becoming more fit. Your weight is fine... a little self love is in order, though :)

Antoniaweldin 04-29-2015 06:26 PM

you have great motivational story. I am very stressed person. I take tension of very little things. Your story touches my heart. I think I have to take inspiration from you.

sergio52 06-01-2015 02:20 AM

Great thoughts that you have, I also get motivated after reading your post, Since tow day am searching for good quality asics shoes for running, recently I have read runninginfoguide.com/asics-gt-2000-review and found its very impressive, I think to buy it..what do you think?

clairelv 06-07-2015 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by BrananaPeel (Post 113190)
last year my family moved in with my aunt while my mom was looking for a rental home. i was always the one to indulge on sugar and sweets yet i would always complain about my weight. noticing that my aunt, who has a very healthy life style, was even in better shape then me and i was younger and should have had the better metabolism. I got very uncomfortable and depressed about my weight (145 and 5'7) my family was not helpful at all with my motivation. They always told me i was "a normal chunky weight" and that i wasn't fat. it really frustrated me. I needed to understand that i cant rely only on others. this is something i have to decide for myself. So i planned to loose weight. having my aunt around was a very successful motivation and by the next time i looked on the scale I was 125.
Being so happy i thought, i could loose more. but i was racing for results and did the wrong thing and went on a water diet which lead me to an unhealthy weight of 120 lbs. i looked at the scale constantly and would freak out every time i saw that number go up. So i got into running. not much just slow jogs. i eventually earned my way up to 8 miles at least once a week.
Eventually that summer we moved into our own home. I was so scared that i would gain all of my weight back again and be the fat lazy glob i was. I kept up with my running, but ever so slowly my eating habits got worse with binge eating. eventually i was eating junk almost everyday and even started to get out of my exercise routines. Getting sick was almost a monthly thing for me. I felt disgusting not energetic and was even more grumpy. i looked at the scale and started to cry. I was 136 lbs, almost back to my original weight. That's when i realized that i need to really change my life and not just "go on a diet." I want my results to be permanent by doing it the HEALTHY way, not there then and gone.
While reading online tips on maintain/loosing weight i found Fit Day. Thinking it was just another tip web sight i realized that there were actual people going through the same problems iv gone through. And that this time is not a maybe or a someday, but an i will do this, i will change my life forever went through my head. YES even loosing 10 pounds will be hard alone, YES i will accomplish it and YES i will maintain my goals! Please wish me luck i'm going to try so hard to achieve my goals. I will become a success story!

get a motivation is so important for one wants to lose weight . i think it is the reason why i did not good .but today i got one . so happy . tomorrow will be my fast day . thank you all

voyagesbooth 02-08-2017 11:46 PM

Wonderful motivation. I agree with you..

Andrew Buston
Travel Expert

EstherTDwyer 06-02-2017 06:51 PM

Great and nice motivational story.

AngelatTorres 06-02-2017 10:13 PM

Great motivational story.

wendywestover 07-11-2017 09:16 PM

I liked your story. Self confidence and self motivation is must is life. 0:)

MainlyMotivate 07-22-2017 05:08 PM

Motivation is a very important concept! Keep at it!

arikjames 04-20-2018 07:48 PM

While eating fat does not necessarily make you fat, there are certain types of unhealthy fats that you should avoid for health reasons. Continue Reading https://arynews.tv/en/five-ways-to-reduce-fat-intake/

JoJoRawVegan4Life 04-27-2018 02:05 PM

Ive been through something similar...but finally doing this for me, I too have about 10 pounds to lose. Lets do this.

panchkarma27 06-06-2018 05:39 PM

Take these steps:
  1. Think about the achievements in your life.
  2. Examine your strengths to understand what you can build on.
  3. Determine what other people see as your strengths and key capabilities.
  4. Set achievable goals for yourself, work to achieve them and enjoy that achievement.

tomsterling 06-07-2018 05:53 PM

Great Story

sam128 06-13-2018 06:56 PM

very motivating story! keep going!