Notices

deployed on a diet

Old 05-24-2010, 12:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default deployed on a diet

I just got started here on Fitday about a week ago. I am currently 5' 9" 222 pounds. My goal is to get to 175. I have given myself 6 months to get there. I will try my hardest to make it. hopefully there are others that are fighting the good fight on weight loss like I am.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck, you can do it. Just keep checking in here at fitday, log your food, ask questions, get your workout in, and pretty soon you'll see some results.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Yup, you sure can do it.
One thing that helps lots of us is breaking a big challenge into several smaller challenges. So, the first goal is to see a "1" in the left had position on the scale. That's all you need to focus on right now.

When that happens take a big old breath of relief. Give yourself a little bit of time to get used to that weight and then on to the next goal.

I am one of those people that has to do a "maintenance" break after 20 or 30 pounds. So I took a couple of weeks to eat at about my break-even calorie load of 1900 before starting the reduced calorie diet again. My doc says this helps reset the "starting point" and reduces the plateau effect.

Thank-you for your service for all of us at home.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
I am one of those people that has to do a "maintenance" break after 20 or 30 pounds. So I took a couple of weeks to eat at about my break-even calorie load of 1900 before starting the reduced calorie diet again. My doc says this helps reset the "starting point" and reduces the plateau effect.
That is a great idea! I never even thought of that... but it will certainly help me psychologically to break this up into several smaller goals. Thanks!
Old 06-08-2010, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=RunbikeSki;11888]

I am so glad to see someone else doing maintenance breaks. Reading through other comments I was beginning to feel to slow in my progress. I too need to reset the starting point every 20 pounds or so.