FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   Any good TV shows to watch? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/9749-any-good-tv-shows-watch.html)

Corte 08-12-2013 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by SailorDoom (Post 100217)
Here are a few that might work for you. I think all of them are currently on Netflix:

Battlestar Galactica (can be dry, but once you get past the first 10 episodes, it gets better. Plus there's a LOT of hours available to keep you on the bike.)

Sherlock (The new BBC series. Not too many episodes yet, but tons of fun.)

Dr. Who (Again, lots to watch and not too serious most of the time. Might be just the thing to watch during physical activity.)

How about a re-watch of X-Files or any of the Star Trek series? Some older stuff here, but possibly worth a dip into pre-2000 television.

As far as comedies, I'm a fan of Arrested Development and Archer, but I totally realize taste varies a lot from person to person.

I also like the videos available on the PBS website for a change of pace. Hard to beat a good NOVA, Nature, etc.

Stuff I haven't seen, but my friends like a lot:
Downton Abbey
True Blood (if you have access to HBO)
Mad Men
Lost
Eureka and Warehouse 13 -- These are (sort of) related TV shows from SciFi Channel. I've seen a handful of episodes of each and they can be kind of lame-o, but also fun and not too serious, so good for being on the bike. Also BF likes 'em. Who knew?

Rewatching the X-Files is always a win and Warehouse 13 is pretty amazing. You might like Once Upon a Time. I haven't enjoyed it much, but it is along your fantasy line. Under the Dome has been fairly interesting, but nothing like the book, so don't keep high expectations.

AlbertJon 08-19-2013 03:47 PM

I ride an exercise bike almost daily, while watching/listening to TV (using head phones). I too really liked "The Wire," feeling it is one of the best crime drama series ever. I have only seen two of the BBC updated "Sherlock Holmes," but really enjoyed them. A new crime drama that hooked me early on is "Low Winter Sun." It reminds me in some ways of "The Wire" and shows like "Homicide: Life on the Streets."

jack231 12-12-2013 05:37 PM

Battlestar Galactica is the Good show which 10 episodes i like

rubina2013 07-29-2014 10:39 PM

Watch Comedy nights with kapil :P

LilivonShtupp 07-29-2014 11:38 PM

You found Firefly average? You are breaking my heart. :eek: I would recommend Supernatural. Lots of Seasons and you can watch them through Netflix one right after the other.

dia1234 10-27-2014 11:51 PM

I love to Watch Satyamev Jayate, I remmend you to watch

Hi Friends I am from Delhi, India. I Love to Watch Satyamev Jayate, It gives me social and general Life awareness. I recommend you to must watch it once. You will also 100% Like it. It is Telecasting on StarPlus Chennel in India.

Kathy13118 10-28-2014 03:52 AM

'Sherlock' from the BBC, starring Benedict Cumberbatch. I am waiting for the next season (if ever there is one) and wondering how well they will maintain the standards of the previous seasons!

Pubjewer 12-14-2014 09:36 PM

TV Shows

Game of Thrones
Arrow
Grey's Anatomy
The Vampire Diaries
If I Stay
The Fault in Our Stars

I love to watch this and much more on my LED TV ..!!

sqwozyz 03-25-2024 02:30 AM

Hello to all. Instead of flipping through channels in search of something worth watching, it's convenient to subscribe to the Vix streaming service, which gives access to a wide selection of content. The company offers both paid and free access to its clients, so everyone can choose what suits them best. Using their services is very convenient, and if someone has problems with the broadcast, then you don’t have to look for vix phone number as they respond very quickly in chat and are ready to help.