Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Off-Topic
Question about clothing sizes... >

Question about clothing sizes...

Community
Notices

Question about clothing sizes...

Old 04-21-2013, 03:33 PM
FitDay Member

Default Question about clothing sizes...

My goal for the summer is to get to 150. I had a bad problem binging throughout school and got up 220 and I just have 50 pounds to lose. But, I am getting a costume hand made for me from a contest I entered and I don't know what to subtract from the measurements I already am. I don't want to get the outfit in a few months and it not fit at all!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default suggestions

If you're having it professionally made I would imagine the tailor/seamstress will have encountered this before and should be able to advise you. In my experience ( i used to make a lot of my own gear when I was younger) its a lot easier to take things in than it is to let them out so a little overestimation wouldn't be a problem. Conratulations on your super weight loss too
Old 04-22-2013, 10:46 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, congratulations on your weight loss, ProvingBeauty! Can you explain your situation to the costume maker and ask if it's possible to hold off for a few months?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

I sew, alterations are doable but look best if it is only a size or two adjustment. The reason why is the neck line changes, the height of the armhole changes, the bust darts move, etc. What type of costume? Is it form fitting?