Notices

Oscars 2012

Old 02-27-2012, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default Oscars 2012

I wouldnt be myself if I didnt write something about this years Oscars.

My biggest favourite was "Hugo" but he got only technical awards. The big fishes went to "the artist" which isnt that bad cause it is good movie still.

It was my first oscars academy awards watching live (cause its starts at 2.30 am in poland) and I was suprised that it was so modest and not-glamour like. Like the magic of the movies was really in hearts of those people - make me wanna watch movies even more

I am curious about you guys - did you watch it? did you like it? did your favourites won? what are your feelings about this awards?

Or maybe you watched NBA ALL STAR GAME? but that is for different thread
Old 02-27-2012, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

I thought the presentation itself was well done, and Billy Crystal did a great job as usual, but I'm always disappointed when just one, or a few movies "clean up". I'd like to see other movies recognized and I think the voters get all caught up in nomination fever and see just one or two films through "rose colored glasses".

Cirque du Soleil was AMAZING.
I think it was the highlight of the show.

Did anyone else think Angelina looked anorexic?

Last edited by VitoVino; 02-27-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:46 PM
FitDay Member

Loved that Meryl Streep won, loved her speech.

I thought the right movie won, I PVR'd it so skipped through some stuff. I never did get the George Clooney nomination for the Descendants. didn'y really think it was such a stretch in acting.

I laughed that Angelina Jolies leg has it's own Twitter Account.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 1fitchallenge
I wouldnt be myself if I didnt write something about this years Oscars.

My biggest favourite was "Hugo" but he got only technical awards. The big fishes went to "the artist" which isnt that bad cause it is good movie still.

It was my first oscars academy awards watching live (cause its starts at 2.30 am in poland) and I was suprised that it was so modest and not-glamour like. Like the magic of the movies was really in hearts of those people - make me wanna watch movies even more

I am curious about you guys - did you watch it? did you like it? did your favourites won? what are your feelings about this awards?

Or maybe you watched NBA ALL STAR GAME? but that is for different thread

WOW you watched it LIVE from Poland? You are dedicated!! Someday I would love to visit Poland. Such beautiful people. Sto Lat!

I wasn't able to watch the whole program, I saw the end of it... my husband did not care to watch it at all so I had to wait for him to go to bed. ("You look sleepy darling, maybe you should go to bed!" We just have one television.

I saw the Iron Lady and I thought the award was deserved. I will have to see Hugo, it was on my list of movies to watch "someday" when I saw the promotional commercials for it.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:53 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by frenchhen3
WOW you watched it LIVE from Poland? You are dedicated!! Someday I would love to visit Poland. Such beautiful people. Sto Lat!

I wasn't able to watch the whole program, I saw the end of it... my husband did not care to watch it at all so I had to wait for him to go to bed. ("You look sleepy darling, maybe you should go to bed!" We just have one television.

I saw the Iron Lady and I thought the award was deserved. I will have to see Hugo, it was on my list of movies to watch "someday" when I saw the promotional commercials for it.
Yes yes sto lat
I finally watched it cause I was always like "this year I will watch" and yet I never did.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:53 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
Did anyone else think Angelina looked anorexic?
Yes, I thought so too. She's a very strange lady...
Old 05-07-2012, 09:19 AM
FitDay Member

Some people have as much trouble keeping weight on as the rest of us have keeping weight off. It's no less a problem for them. Say a prayer for her, she has a family who love and need her.