FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   I heard this on the radio... (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/7013-i-heard-radio.html)

wildbeanerz 03-21-2012 03:03 AM

I heard this on the radio...

I'm sure she isn't the only one but this story was about Suzanne Eman's goal to be the fattest person ever at 1600 lbs. The news story was that she met a chef online and they are now engaged and he loves to feed her because seeing her happy when she eats makes him happy. So I had to find an older story on her and I just wanted to share what I found with you guys. I'm not passing judgement but wow, I can't imagine doing this to yourself on purpose.

Fattest Woman Wannabe Susanne Eman Engaged to Chef

Susanne Eman's bid to be world's fattest woman: 52st mother of 2 is 'supersizing' | Mail Online

terrienne 03-21-2012 06:43 AM

Wow. What is most disturbing is she thinks she can continue down that road and stay healthy and the example she is setting for her sons.

Absentha 03-21-2012 08:57 AM

i also think this is disturbing, and I do believe this woman must have some mental issues to be acting this way (mostly when she has children, she's just eating her way to death), but I also find it disturbing when 90% of the comments in the article say how disgusting she is. When we see an anorexic person (someone who has mental issues as well and struggles with food as a result), our first instinct is to pity them, and feel the need to help them. But when we see someone morbidly obese like that woman, she's just plain disgusting and we don't want her spending our tax money on her poor health.

almeeker 03-21-2012 09:47 AM

It's good to have a goal, although I'm not sure I can support this one in particular.

VitoVino 03-21-2012 10:53 AM

I'm at a loss for words. Mark this date down.

crazigerl 03-21-2012 03:17 PM

Suicide by eating, disgusting. Poor kids.

sw07 03-21-2012 03:31 PM

gross...

RunbikeSki 03-23-2012 03:23 AM

yeah, that's the momma every kid would look up too

cjohnson728 03-23-2012 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki (Post 77082)

Yes, their glee is evident on their faces in the photos.

Her daily diet...I also am at a loss for words. I've been known to put away some serious food on my bad days, but I cant even get my brain around the sheer volume of what she eats per day.

01gt4.6 03-23-2012 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki (Post 77082)

They'd have to look up to her becuase they can't see AROUND her.:eek:

jonjaxmom 03-23-2012 04:47 AM

It would disturb me even more, if she is on government assistance because her weight is inhibiting her from going to a daily job. She is doing this to herself on purpose and its insulting and disturbing not motivating for me at all.

she offends me, sorry folks.

Lizards13 03-31-2012 04:51 AM

I think this woman certainly needs help, if she were trying to kill herself in any other way she would be committed. If she is not mentally ill then she is an extremely selfish person who has no thought of her family and how they feel having a mother who can barely walk and who obviously cannot participate in all the things that parents should. Who helps her at home? She says her sister will look after her children if she gets ill, again such a selfish attitude. I am torn between sympathy for such a damaged psyche and rage that anyone could be so cruel to their family.

VitoVino 03-31-2012 08:19 AM

Can you imagine how BAD she smells? :eek:

There, ya see, I finally thought of something. :D

Freshman30 03-31-2012 10:05 AM

I read about this last week. It's really horrifying in my opinion. And what kind of man could marry someone with a goal like that? I'm not saying all women should be perfect and tiny or anything, but he's enabling her to kill herself! I'm sure he can feed plenty of other people who love to eat without marrying them or enabling them to kill themselves!

Originally Posted by Absentha (Post 76891)
i also think this is disturbing, and I do believe this woman must have some mental issues to be acting this way (mostly when she has children, she's just eating her way to death), but I also find it disturbing when 90% of the comments in the article say how disgusting she is. When we see an anorexic person (someone who has mental issues as well and struggles with food as a result), our first instinct is to pity them, and feel the need to help them. But when we see someone morbidly obese like that woman, she's just plain disgusting and we don't want her spending our tax money on her poor health.

If she does have mental issues than I take complete pity on her. But there is the possibility that she's just given up on herself and decided that if people are going to judge, she might as well make it a contest.

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 77897)
Can you imagine how BAD she smells? :eek:

There, ya see, I finally thought of something. :D

Good God. Is it possible to get a mental scent in the same way one gets a mental image? I think this may have just happened.